Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A nice Stable Recruitment Source Release(This is a request)

Link

Hi as you all or most of you know me, I'm just asking if anyone could post a nice stable recruitment system for ES one that's actually proportional to Visual Basic and not just script based, I hope it isn't to much to ask but, all I want is a basic recruitment system where an npc that's been defeated by you asks to join your team after a certain number of defeats, you have the  choice(yes or no) if you choose yes then the npc is recruited to your team and in a picture box(4 picture boxes for 4 team members) at the top you can see the recruited team member('s) and are able to switch to them but, if no then, a message is left saying ___ has not joined your team.

I don't think it would be hard for someone with at least a intermediate level of experience or near there anyway but please make it a tutorial and not just a download or just pm me the source it's self with instructions, thanks.

I don't mean to take up to much time in your life. :embarrassed:

> I don't think it would be hard for someone with at least a intermediate level of experience or near there anyway"

You want to not only recruit an NPC using several conditions (which will not take too long but its still time consuming) but after that, you want someone to build you a pet system where you can recruit up to 4 NPCs to fight for you and stuff.

You may want to find Lightning's Pet System for the pets and i'm sure someone wil help you for the recruiting part. But you should learn some VB before doing a game with such features because no one will do it all for you.

@Gin-ji:

> for ES

Was thinking about attempting it but… after reading those words I have decided not to.  Also, why would you want it hard coded?  Since half the things ES can do are scripted in, it's so slow already that adding one more smallish scripted Item shouldn't mess it up too much.

@Greendude120:

> You want to not only recruit an NPC using several conditions (which will not take too long but its still time consuming) but after that, you want someone to build you a pet system where you can recruit up to 4 NPCs to fight for you and stuff.
>
> You may want to find Lightning's Pet System for the pets and i'm sure someone wil help you for the recruiting part. But you should learn some VB before doing a game with such features because no one will do it all for you.

I know the basics for Vb also know about lightnings pet system.

@kibbelz:

> 1st thing. No one uses ES anymore.
> 2nd thing. No one will code this for you. Do it yourself. I did about a year ago >.>

I'm aware you made a recruitment system, Kibbelz of PDR we know one another btw, if i'm using ES then I guess that would mean someone does still use it, be literal my friend…

Gin-Ji is right and actually Kibbelz some people still make games with ES if they are beginners to vb, you see no use in it because you are good at vb6 but others who arent so good usually start with something like ES

Correct. But i was a very advanced sadscriptor and loved ES but when i moved from ES to EO, i was totally lost and had to relearn stuff. So ES is not a good starting point for newbies because anything you learn there wont really help you when you feel ready for EO.

So although it might be hard, i strongly suggest you try to start at EO and look at example codes on the forums.