Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

.hack project - Pixel artist wanted

LameSaint

Me and a friend are developing a game about .hack (yes, I know there is one similar project on the forum, but it did not match our expectations), he being the programer and me the graphics person.

I'm kinda newbie on pixel art, so I take too long to make a well looking sprite, and that is slowing the project down. So we are looking for one (or more) pixel artist to aid in the project.

We didn't posted the project on projects section because we want to spend less time advertising an unfinished project and more actually developing it. But I will resume here the project to the interested people:

> **1\. The World version:**
> The version of The World will be a custom one, because trying to create a .hack game just copying The World or The World R2 as they are, will ever lead to failure.
>
> The classes will be at first: Twin Blade, Edge Punisher, Lord Partizan, Blade Brandier, Shadow Warlock and Harvest Cleric. We plan to add all R2 classes.
>
> The Root Towns will be mostly a mix from R1 and R2\. Delta will remain Mac Anu, the other ones haven't been decided so far, only that Carmina Gadelica probably will be on the game.
>
> **2\. The Chaos Gate system:**
> This one is what mostly had me unsatisfied with other .hack projects: they do not feature a true keyword system, it's just fake. We are already working on a actual keyword system wich generates a field and dungeon using the keyword as seeds. That way I'm sure the game will feel more like .hack.
>
> **3\. Other features**
> The game will feature custom motions for attacking with each weapon and some emotions expressend on the sprite itself.
> All game graphics will be custom made, and the sprite template used will be Half Kaiser.
> About the customization: The player can choose a cloth(every class has different options) and a cloth color. Also he can choose the hair style and color. About paper doll, it will be on the weapons and head equipments.

**Interested?
Requeriments:**

First of all, you must be capable of doing AT LEAST a sprite of that level:

![](http://i55.tinypic.com/v8j7z7.png)
(that one was made by me, and as I said, I'm kinda newbie at pixel art)

Also you should have spare time to make at least 4 sprites a week.

**If anyone gets interested, send me a PM.**

Sorry for any english mistakes, as this is not my mother language. (The game will be in english)

Although I too am fairly new at the pixel artistry gig, .Hack// is one of my favourite franchise's to actually directly affect my life. I would love to sprite and improve my skills as a part of your team, if you need me to prove myself, however, tell me what you need and I will attempt it as best I can.

• 3 weeks later...
The interface (which I'm currently doing) and the game project development (we have some pages of projects on google docs, including combat formulas, and such). Also I'm taking care of everything that doesn't have a more appropriate person on the team, because I know a little bit of everything.