Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programing question

TheWidow

Ok so i did Alatars quest mod..step by step…however the problem i encountered is i cant open the quest editor, using either the end key or the /editquest command. It replies "Not a valid command!"

Here is what i have tried..

1\. Double checked the script where the edit quest command and key is entered. (no problem there)
2\. Made sure i was admin
3\. Restarted server including reloading, and making another admin account.

Here is what i was told...

1\. The problem is i used notepad to add these scripts instead of vb6 software.

Sooo...
1\. I double checked the files (after editing) were saved correctly = meaning back to its orginal file name.

I was then told...

Its because i didnt use VB6 and compile after editing..

HUH? This makes no sense to me...Can anyone shed some light on what this means and if its accurate how do i do it?

P.S.: Thanks in advance and btw...this community has been great.

K…i do have a version of VB6 of that type. Its the compiling thing that confuses me...

I understand i need to go back make sure the mod is added correctly and in its right place by opening each file individually and then....(this is what i dont get)

By compiling do you mean saving? and moving on to the next file?

Or do you mean there is a special function called compiling...Sorry for so many questions but my game is literally at a stand still if i dont figure this out..and the last time i went to school and used coding/scripting on a regular basis was 20 years ago and all they had was just "Basic"..and i was coding for a major MUD text world game. I know im old and a bit late to be getting back into this sorta thing but i would really like to solve this and move forward with my dream of having created my own world in a VISUAL video game instead of the many MUD worlds i have worked on in my younger years.

Thanks again.