Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Inventory mouse hover/descriptions

Savents

I have been looking for/messing around with the shop mouse over position for item descriptions (the box that pops up next to your mouse when you hover over an item) and I can't seem to find the code that moves that box.

What I want to do is when you hover over a item in your inventory the description box pops up on the other side of your mouse, the reason for this is because my GUI is on the far left of the screen rather then the right and I can't see the item descriptions because they are being cut off by the end of the game window.

If you're looking to make it show a description when you hover, try downloading vb6 that's the only way to make it do that, that I know of. And after you download it take tutorials google and youtube both so powerful.

@RyokuHasu:

> No hes looking for the code to move where those descriptions are shown. the default is above and to the left.  Id like to know how to move the hover position as well, but i cant find it.

Yeah, that's I want to do, I can't find it either, it sucks because 90% of if is being cut off.
I will keep looking.

In Client->modGameLogic->UpdateDescWindow you can change the position of description window. If you can figure it out then explain to me where you want the window to appear and ill tell you the code to change and what to change it to.

@Bloodmyst:

> In Client->modGameLogic->UpdateDescWindow you can change the position of description window. If you can figure it out then explain to me where you want the window to appear and ill tell you the code to change and what to change it to.

Rather coming off the left side of the mouse I would like it to appear on the right side, as both for inventory and spell descriptions.
![](http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Jesses-Bucket/mouseover.jpg)

@Bloodmyst:

> Ok go to UpdateDescWindow and look for
> ```
> .picItemDesc.Left = X
> ```Replace it with
> ```
> .picItemDesc.Left = X + .picItemDesc.width
> ```

Thanks that worked perfectly for the inventory window, but the spell window still has it on the other side, where do I go about putting in that in for spells?

EDIT
I found it, it was in UpdateSpellWindow just put the code you gave me and updated```
.picSpellDesc.Left = x
```
to
```
.picSpellDesc.Left = x + .picSpellDesc.width
```