Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins 4.2.3 EOL

Helladen

![](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/smf1/Themes/mysticjade_20a/images/forumlogo.png)

This is the final announcement for **Eclipse Origins 4**.We are slowly transitioning to **Eclipse Worlds** engine to replace **Eclipse Origins**. Both engines are completely free to use now rather than just mine, but **Eclipse Origins** was paid software with a limited edition for a long time, we will be offering a **Gold Edition**
for **Eclipse Worlds**, but it will be open-source and only contain 1-2 additional features. The **Silver Edition**
is already available, but we are waiting on releasing the **Gold Edition**
until 1.3.0.

This is a quick update to **Eclipse Origins**.

* Fixed camera more.
* Erased HTML document, which caused some virus software to detect it as a threat… (Virus software, so reliable)
* Added where map editor will force a size of at-least 24x19 or higher.
* Removed the ability to resize or maximize the main window. No resolution or fullscreen, sorry.
* Erased some data such as projecitles and maps to hopefully reduce issues. Projectiles wouldn't save for me until I did this.
* Fixed issue where if you moved keys while getting map, it would request another map and freeze the client. There's still instances were client freezes, can't help it this engine is pretty buggy. It's a **LOT** better though.

You can download it [here](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/Eclipse%20Origins%204.2.3.zip). This is is the last update and is marked as **EOL** (end of life) which means that we are no longer updating it. As a side note, I did not code this, please do not say my coding is horrible or that I am being lazy for quitting. I did this to help **Eclipse**.

To install the runtimes, go [here](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/Eclipse%20Origins%204%20Runtimes.exe).

Thanks,

**Seth**

> Quote
> As a side note, I did not code this, please do not say my coding is horrible or that I am being lazy for quitting.
>
> Heehee..
>
> In all honesty though, it's good to see focus is being put into a single engine. I do hope you'll take along some of the improvements made to the Event System in 4.x though. Some changes/additions were pretty neat.

> I think adding key features like DX8 GUI, event system etc etc to worlds making a stable engine with eo4 features is defiantly the way forward

Thanks, I agree, even though bugs exist like camera jerks, I think it is way better than it was before. I will only fix these bugs with commission jobs of people refusing to update to **Eclipse Worlds** after 1.3.1