Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DirectX Question

PD

Well I opened a PNG image up in paint and saved it as BMP so I could use it ingame. Making it BMP makes the image have a brown background colour. Im using Engine_BltToDC to draw the image into a picture box and want to know if I can get rid of the background colour?

@Robin:

> Who mentioned a chatbox? :\

Hahahah my bad.

@Zesh:

> Well I opened a PNG image up in paint and saved it as BMP so I could use it ingame. Making it BMP makes the image have a brown background colour. Im using Engine_BltToDC to draw the image into a picture box and want to know if I can get rid of the background colour?

what are you using the picturebox for? Maybe looking into "sub SetMaskColorFromPixel" might help you out.
Note: transparent colors are set to 0,0 in parameter.

Lavos, please stop talking about things you don't understand.

He specifically asked if you can mask in BltToDC. I already answered this. The answer is 'No.'

Read the entire thread before posting next time. Contradicting me isn't a clever idea.

@Robin:

> Lavos, please stop talking about things you don't understand.
>
> He specifically asked if you can mask in BltToDC. I already answered this. The answer is 'No.'
>
> Read the entire thread before posting next time. Contradicting me isn't a clever idea.

Sure Robin. Sry it has been a long day for me.

@Zesh anyway Robin is right you can't use BltToDC, but what you can do is use Engine_BltFast and mask the color with SetMaskColorFromPixel to a picturebox.