Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Animated tiles

Leed88

Decided to try adding some animated tiles just a little code. I can have any number of frames from 2 up, anims can be over or under player plus the 2 frame layers I added a couple weeks ago. The video is choppy but its the capture program I used and not the animation. This is just me testing animations and not a map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BroGgBoIQGY

please let me know what you think.

It took a pretty good chunk of performance but with two variable animated layers and 3 old style 2 frame layers I'm still getting over 300 fps.

And I don't use any attributes for animation so I can still block tiles etc..

@Leed88:

> It took a pretty good chunk of performance but with two variable animated layers and 3 old style 2 frame layers I'm still getting over 300 fps.
>
> And I don't use any attributes so I can still block tiles etc..

What were you getting before?

since game defaults to locking at 64fps and I don't have to have still maps and everything is handled by the client except for layer info sent on map load its worth it for me.

edit- I've doubled the speed of animation since that video for smoother waterfalls.

@MrMiguu:

> You could have done this without lowering the FPS at all. You just need to follow how Robin coded dynamic animations with items. Apply that same code to the animation layer of your maps.

Will look into that.

edit- My mistake I only got 600 in clean copy of eclipse on a blank map, I just loaded a clean copy and got 600fps on blank 360fps on default map. Then I loaded my edit got 600fps on blank map and 315fps on map with alot of animation and npc's