Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gears 2 campaign too short?

Celiru

So I started playing the gears of war campaign a couple days ago and just recently beat it today. I checked my logged hours and it only took me 13…

I was upset thinking it would be much longer, and sure the game came out three years ago so I'm a little behind, I only recently tried gears for the first time a month or so ago when my nephew introduced me into the gears 3 beta.

I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer, my heart still stays at cod.

But seriously, the campaign is too short, do you agree?

Fuck the horde.

@Funky:

> So I started playing the gears of war campaign a couple days ago and just recently beat it today. I checked my logged hours and it only took me 13…
>
> I was upset thinking it would be much longer, and sure the game came out three years ago so I'm a little behind, I only recently tried gears for the first time a month or so ago when my nephew introduced me into the gears 3 beta.
>
> I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer, my heart still stays at cod.
>
> But seriously, the campaign is too short, do you agree?
>
> duck the horde.

I've always prefered GoW over most FPS'. I like the 3rd-person perspective. The game requires a new way of thinking and a different set of skills.

On-topic: Yes, yes it is too short. I never like GoW2 as much as the first (they changed the online-multiplayer mode to look more like Halo 3).

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours for the gears 2 campaign? Seeing as it's a shooter, and not an RPG or something of that element, it really shouldn't take to long, due to the amount of repetition that would occur. On another note, it took you a lot longer than me. I cleared it in roughly 6 hours. I was a bit appalled at the campaign in the second though, just because it didn't feel the same as the first one did. I'm hoping the 3rd will blow them both out of the water. I know the beta had already made me excited for it haha.

@Kusy:

> Slap yourself bro. In the age where you can beat "RPG" games in 4 to 10 hours you complain about a brutal shooter taking 13 hours?

Beating an RPG is easy. Completing it can be tricky. A significant amount of stuff you can do in RPG's without beating it. In fallout i can sit there for 10 hours just going through stuff, lock picking, and other things. Not that helps me complete stuff. But it can help you now a days get achievements which to me is now a certain aspect of completing a game.

Shotters on the other hand CAN be the same thing, But then again it can't. You can't just go around shooting random things, you just cant. You can hardly spend 2 hours on one mission because well… they are typically "short" and... well you get the idea.

@Funky
Although 13 hours of campaign play on any shooter should be enough to satisfy you. They are not known for lengthy campaigns.