Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem with commands

Emy

Hello, I need some help with commands (broadcast, emote, whisper and so on) in Eclipse Origins, I'm from Sweden so I have foreign letters in my alphabet (å,ä,ö), it works fine to type these in the regular chat, but it doesn't work with commands and I don't know why 'cause I'm a noob, if anyone wanted to help me with this I would be delighted.

Thank you

I'm not sure what you typed into the command but it have to match the command and augment in the code, which is English.

For example :
If you want to edit map, you would use /editmap.
You HAVE to type exactly that.  /editmap
You can't type /èditmap. The reason being è and e is different.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Yes, that's not the problem, when I want to send a broadcast with a swedish letter for example, I type in 'ä, it doesn't show. These chat commandos doesn't support these letters, so maybe someone knows how to code it.

@Soul:

> Visual Basic 6 in general does not support any characters but English.

Not true. It's just that the controls which ship with VB6 don't support unicode. We had this discussion when that Chinese bloke came a-calling.

European characters work just fine. The only reason you can't use them in the chatbox is because of the character censor I put in place to stop abuse.

Simply add the Ascii values to the whitelist.

• 1 month later...
@Robin:

> Not true. It's just that the controls which ship with VB6 don't support unicode. We had this discussion when that Chinese bloke came a-calling.
>
> European characters work just fine. The only reason you can't use them in the chatbox is because of the character censor I put in place to stop abuse.
>
> Simply add the Ascii values to the whitelist.

Sorry,but where is whitelist?  :huh: