Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spriteforge (Converts 3d animated Models into 2d animated Sprites)

Draken

I came across this software on accident but its very nice will be great for anyone that does 3d modeling and wants to make the models into sprites.

![](http://www.d-grafix.com/gfx/spriteforgeadvert.jpg)

"Spriteforge lite is a fully functional version for small sprites up to 2500px. The only limitation is any sprite larger than 2500 pixels will be watermarked."

http://www.d-grafix.com/?page=spriteforge

I think anything under 2500 pixels should work with eclipse

And if you use it correctly should not be to hard to make 3d model objects into tiles ( buildings, trees, ect)

I messed with it, it works really well max size of sprites you can make are 50x50 anything over that and you get the watermark. Ill post a few sprites I make from this later. Might convert the RC models into sprites just for the hell of it.

I sort of find this a bit pointless. Sure it's a neat program but isn't creating full 3D models harder than creating 2D sprites? The one thing I find about it is that you don't have to create indivisual sprites for indivisual things, just create the model and compile and do whatever you need to do to create a sprite out of it.

well its for those people that do 3d modeling, making sprites and doing 3d modeling both take a level of skill, some people here are skilled 3d modelers but can not do pixel art worth a flip. therefor they should use this program to make their sprites, also you can always just google for some free animated 3d models to use.

@Draken:

> well its for those people that do 3d modeling, making sprites and doing 3d modeling both take a level of skill, some people here are skilled 3d modelers but can not do pixel art worth a flip. therefor they should use this program to make their sprites, also you can always just google for some free animated 3d models to use.

Most tools used for 3D modelling already should be able to do this. This programme really has no purpose, unless you work with existing models, and even then it's usually easier to just use something like Blender.

Regards,
  Stephan.