Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 3.0] Animation sound bug

Jed

If I set a sound to an animation, it plays in the top left corner of the map instead of on my target. I don't know whether there's a missing line of code or if something's coded improperly, but I can't think of where the problem would be.

The only places I could think of are in the server when animations are played or in the client when it sends the sound to the map during an animation. It doesn't look incorrect in the client though, as it still says to play it at the x and y coordinates and not at 1,1.

Well that's the thing I'm trying to find out, I don't know where the problem is though. The animations play at the proper coordinates but the sound doesn't for some reason. I don't know whether it's a case of missing or improper code.

> My problem with EO3 is u can set a sound to a weapon but it only plays the sound on the killing blow of the monsters

This actually part of the problem. It's weird that sound only plays at the animation on the killing blow.

> It was coded improperly. If you look around I'm fairly certain someone posted how to fix it. If you can't find it I'll go into the source and find it for you.

Do you know where the bug is located?

It's a weird one, but I imagine its the same as the animations not displaying when killing a mob with a spell in the past. Something to do with the way these animations and sounds are handled, they're tried to an NPC slot, but if said NPC dies (reset to position 0,0) the sound is still tied to it rather than their old location.