Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Errors

Rydo

Hey when i try to run a game im helping with i get the same error all the time.

The error says

"Error Initializing DirectDraw! Make sure you have DirectX7 or higher installed and a compatible graphics device. Err: 7, Desc: Out of memory"

I have the most updated version of DirectX and have downloaded all the runtimes etc, The game is ran with Eclipse Stable (before you ask why its because we have alot of systems on it and most people prefer our current version better than changing to EO) Can somebody please help?

@Rydo:

> Hey when i try to run a game im helping with i get the same error all the time.
>
> The error says
>
> "Error Initializing DirectDraw! Make sure you have DirectX7 or higher installed and a compatible graphics device. Err: 7, Desc: Out of memory"
>
> I have the most updated version of DirectX and have downloaded all the runtimes etc, The game is ran with Eclipse Stable because we have alot of systems on it and most people prefer our current version better than changing to EO. Can somebody please help?

Short answer, No. There is no support for outdated engines.

@Rydo:

> So basically your saying if i had the exact same problem with EO you would help?

Stable has a shit-ton of bugs which were never fixed. If I wanted I could go around helping everyone who uses ES to fix these. But I don't have that much time.

Instead I made EO to replace ES. It has none of the problems associatied with ES. As such anyone using ES is on their own. We support EO because it's the only one which isn't bugged to high hell and we don't want to spend our time walking people through fixing problems when there really is no point.

I mean seriously, what's the point me fixing this for you when your game is permanently gimped from an unstable socket system?