Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Payment API

shadowwulf

So I am looking into small perks for small 'donations.'
Looks like I can choose any one of various payment APIs and set it up on my website.
It will process and log transactions for me.

What I am not seeing is how to make that transaction automatically effect the player.
Lets say a player can buy 100 gold for 5 bucks.
They purchase it.
I get an email or log in and check the logs.
But I don't see how does the player's .dat file get changed?

I would think manually doing all transactions would be a pain once the user base grows.

Rose told me this.

You would make your site make a PHP file or something and have it put the user information and the amount of credits that bought, etc and then you could make it so the server would go into that file and read what the file has and it would give that player the amount of credits.

I think that's the way. ;)

I think those API Server basically send data somewhere after payment is processed. You have to know how to use those data. So, here's an idea, stolen from Robin's Crystalshire :

Have some data store in MySQL Database. Data that isn't use frequently such as Log In Data. Now, you can also include some more data such as Donation Data.
Have a Processing Server that act only once between your Game Server and Game Client during Log In.
The Processing Server receive data from Game Client, check with MySQL Data, process it, then send to Game Server. That's it, from then on, Game Client and Game Server use their own socket system.

Have the API Server send those data to your MySQL Database. And when the Processing Server receive Log In info, also check for the donation data, then send it to Server.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS : I usually do things more complicate than it should be but it might help you.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I'm posting this anyway :D

For Crystalshire I just use the authentication server. I can create a list of things to carry out (set account type, give items etc.) and those commands are passed on to the game server through the authentication server.

Any account alterations are done before the login is processed and they log in to some fresh items or whatever.

Of course this requires your game to read accounts from your forum, but that's pretty damn easy.

Thanks Robin.
I am saving up for the dev edition.
I really like how it progressed.
I have been doing crap loads of edits to the eclipse engine but half of them are already finished in crystalshire so I don't see the point in reinventing the wheel.

Keep in mind the developer's edition is a release of 1.3.9\. I started working on the site integration in 1.4.0\. The developer's edition does not come with the website integration purely because it's built well in to my system.

If you want someone to set this up for you and you don't mind paying then get in contact with Jacob (Crystalshire account name. Dugor on here.) and he might be able to do it for you.