Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A couple of questions…

iSnow

Well, I've been working with EO 2.0 and I was wondering, Is there a way to make it accept .png for graphics instead of .bmp? It probably wouldn't be too hard, I can look through it more than I already have, Just wondering if anyone has already done it.

And, Is there a way to make certain classes start and possibly respawn in specific places? It would help for class specific quests.

- iSnow

@iSnow:

> Well, I've been working with EO 2.0 and I was wondering, Is there a way to make it accept .png for graphics instead of .bmp? It probably wouldn't be too hard, I can look through it more than I already have, Just wondering if anyone has already done it.
>
> And, Is there a way to make certain classes start and possibly respawn in specific places? It would help for class specific quests.
>
> - iSnow

You would have to move to DX8+ in order to have PNG support. Or you could just buy Crystalshire.

There is a way, Rose did it, I think. I don't see any point though, unless you want the Alpha Blending.

As for the second part, this might help you :
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,73394.0.html

Sincerely,
Rithy

You can easily do it if you don't want alpha blending support. Hell, go Google 'vb6 png' and it'll come up with all the code you need.

Alpha channel support is usually what people want when they harp on about PNGs, though.

@Robin:

> Alpha channel support is usually what people want when they harp on about PNGs, though.

Really? I want PNG cause of the size o.o
Now that I can compress the graphics, I don't need it anymore.
I don't really care about Dx8 right now cause I just finished learning dx7\. There's no point in converting EO to Dx8 for me. DirectDraw is more than enough for my simple 2D game. I rather use Java with OpenGL or the new C engine in development, atleast I think it's in development, if I want the new awesome-ness like today games.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Robin:

> Regardless, that's why most people ask.
>
> If you want low file size then just compress your graphics. Hell, I'll be compressing my PNG textures in Crystalshire.

That is true. Most people want the alpha blending, but if they can't do it, I don't think they deserve it cause they'll just make a shitty stuff with it. I mean, really. If you don't know how to implement DirectX8, how are you going to use it? Even if everything is done, how are you going to add new things? They basically expect people to do everything for them.

As for the compressing graphic, I told you. I did it. I also encrypt it, which is stupid since they're not custom and if someone was able to decompress those graphic, then they should be able to get the graphics from memory anyway.

Sincerely,
Rithy