Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kingdoms Main Menu

Jaiden

Just recently finished this up. The only thing that's incomplete is the sprite display, I should be finishing that soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98uZnm-oLuY&feature=player_profilepage

The picture probably won't stay, I'll fix it up into something nicer later on. But I would love to hear comments and critique on the actual menu design.

@Jaiden:

> Haha alright, thank you. I'm surprised the lineart was good, I have really no effective means of lineart than scanning in a pencil drawing outlined in pen and cleaning it up with a mouse.

Try learning to use the pen tool in photoshop for a better result, but that kind of art you have there wakes up nostalgia.

EDIT :
Was so bored so i had a little fun with the image xD
hope you don't mind.

[![](http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7628/stfff.png)](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/stfff.png/)

@Jungle:

> I don't mean to be immature, but you should probably move the place he is holding that stick…

Ugh. My brother said that, I really didnt think it was that bad. His crotch line was way more to the left in the drawing too.

@Socuine:

> It's a better Main Menu screen than most can pull off. Though I have to agree on those filters, work on that. Besides that, good job. :)

The picture will get fixed up in time. I just wanted to have a general idea.

@Jaiden:

> Umm…It wasn't meant to be rude I honestly didn't know what the word was...

My mistake then, take no offence.

What I ment is that diffrent colors as glows are not the best idea. Purely from the cosmetic point of view. It's generaly better to keep stuff clean, one color for glows makes the whole menu more consistent, feels like they are part of one bigger thing instead of being well, just randomly colorfull.

It's also usualy a good thing to line the buttons in one line, makes the mouse movment less chaotic, you can just navigate by going up and down without the need for swirling the mose sideways like a madman.

@Kusy:

> My mistake then, take no offence.
>
> What I ment is that diffrent colors as glows are not the best idea. Purely from the cosmetic point of view. It's generaly better to keep stuff clean, one color for glows makes the whole menu more consistent, feels like they are part of one bigger thing instead of being well, just randomly colorfull.
>
> It's also usualy a good thing to line the buttons in one line, makes the mouse movment less chaotic, you can just navigate by going up and down without the need for swirling the mose sideways like a madman.

Great recommendations I dont know much about prgraming but I did some own personaly graphic design for a couple years as a hobby. Probably would still be doing it if my Computer with PS CS2 never broke. But those are basical general tops for making basic graphics. great advice

@Kusy:

> My mistake then, take no offence.
>
> What I ment is that diffrent colors as glows are not the best idea. Purely from the cosmetic point of view. It's generaly better to keep stuff clean, one color for glows makes the whole menu more consistent, feels like they are part of one bigger thing instead of being well, just randomly colorfull.
>
> It's also usualy a good thing to line the buttons in one line, makes the mouse movment less chaotic, you can just navigate by going up and down without the need for swirling the mose sideways like a madman.

It's alright, and thanks for the really constructive critique. It makes sense, I'll try to improve the aesthetics as you mentioned.