Find results in...

OtherWorld edit 2.0.5

Domino_

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Murdock:

> When I hit ctrl to attack, the guy stays on the same anim.. what order do i put them in to have an attacking movement?

This may be only if you'r moving with Admin feature CTRL + CLICK and whit no moving your attacking, but if not than you need to find Anim = 0 or smtn like this in DirectDraw7 module, I Think… dont remember rlly right now I dont have time to check it but there may be your false...

@Domino_:

> This may be only if you'r moving with Admin feature CTRL + CLICK and whit no moving your attacking, but if not than you need to find Anim = 0 or smtn like this in DirectDraw7 module, I Think… dont remember rlly right now I dont have time to check it but there may be your false...

Let me make the question simpler… which frame is the attack animation? or is there one?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm going to redownload and play around with the frames to figure it out.

~Murdock

My apologies for the double post.. But is anyone else having trouble getting midi to play with this edit? I have this weird scenario where it will only play if I play a midi in my windows media player, but at the same time as the other song.. lol.. Other than that it dont work at all.. Anyone know why?  This could be a problem with EO in general, but I thought id ask in this thread just in case.

Murdock

@Murdock:

> My apologies for the double post.. But is anyone else having trouble getting midi to play with this edit? I have this weird scenario where it will only play if I play a midi in my windows media player, but at the same time as the other song.. lol.. Other than that it dont work at all.. Anyone know why?  This could be a problem with EO in general, but I thought id ask in this thread just in case.
>
> Murdock

As good as I remember I haven't configured anything with sound system.
But yeah tehere was a problem that if you will be long in Main and than hover buttons the sound will mess up…

@Domino_:

> As good as I remember I haven't configured anything with sound system.
> But yeah tehere was a problem that if you will be long in Main and than hover buttons the sound will mess up…

EDIT : ~~bla bla bla bla bla bla~~

I figured out what was wrong. Anyway.. I also just noticed that the animations arent working…

Ok I tried to add a feature to the client, and I'm getting a compile error unrelated to the addition:

The exact error is:

"User-defined type not defined."

It's in frmServer with this line highlighted:

```
Private Sub lvwInfo_ColumnClick(ByVal ColumnHeader As MSComctlLib.ColumnHeader)
```
Any help is appreciated.

@Murdock:

> Ok I tried to add a feature to the client, and I'm getting a compile error unrelated to the addition:
>
> The exact error is:
>
> "User-defined type not defined."
>
> It's in frmServer with this line highlighted:
>
> ```
> Private Sub lvwInfo_ColumnClick(ByVal ColumnHeader As MSComctlLib.ColumnHeader)
> ```
> Any help is appreciated.

What feature did you tryed to add and try again maybe you made a misteke….

I think there is a bug in the quest system, not sure. But when you finish a quest, instead of having to go back to and talk to the npc you got it from to finish it, the dialogue comes up saying quest is completed or whatever before you even go back to the npc. Is it supposed to be this way? And if so how do I make it so you have to return to the npc before the quest actually ends??

Edit: Turns out the quest system is extremely buggy. The additional tasks dont work.. the quests end before you return to the npc.. The quest log does not update new quests properly, and when you cancel quests they will come back. It needs some big time fixing. Either that or I just dont know how to use it right.. Anyone else having these problems??

@Domino_:

> I'll soon release OtherWorld for beta testing and it's made from OW edit 2.0.4 also if you will find there any bug ill fix it in both projects.

Are you able to make quests have more than one task? And do you have to go back to the npc that gave the quest to finish? That's the issue that I'm running into right now.. besides the quest log not updating properly.. In other words, while you are working on Other World have you run into any problems with the quest system?

@Murdock:

> And do you have to go back to the npc that gave the quest to finish?

This is not fixed enev in my Other World project but ill check how to fix.
@Murdock:

> In other words, while you are working on Other World have you run into any problems with the quest system?

Havent seen them bus for now im mostly doing source edits and not working with ingame.

@Domino_:

> This is not fixed enev in my Other World project but ill check how to fix.Havent seen them bus for now im mostly doing source edits and not working with ingame.

Okay I was just curious. Everything seems to work except for the quest ending before returning to npc. More than one task cannot be done as far as I can tell. And the quest log seems to only be able to show one quest at a time. Thought I'd let you know anyway.

@Domino_:

> Yes, in frmMain is one change in Quest button, you can click on it and see thought vb6.

Okay, but what did you even fix. Originally I thought that you would have to return to an npc to finish a quest, but apparently thats not supposed to work like that. However, when a new quest is recieved it still does not show up in quest log.. i think it gets stuck under the one thats already there, if that makes sense. I dont care so much about the npc thing (although it is weird), but the quest log is still bugged and repetitive quests dont work either.. not sure if that was already an issue with alatar's quest system or no.

Look for
```
        Player(Index).PlayerQuest(i).Status = Buffer.ReadLong
        Player(Index).PlayerQuest(i).ActualTask = Buffer.ReadLong
        Player(Index).PlayerQuest(i).CurrentCount = Buffer.ReadLong
```and replace it with
```
        Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).Status = Buffer.ReadLong
        Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).ActualTask = Buffer.ReadLong
        Player(MyIndex).PlayerQuest(i).CurrentCount = Buffer.ReadLong
```
That was an issue in Alatar's Quest System, although this is not my fix. Credits go to softvokong (or something like that) for this fix.