Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CS:DE] Sprites

Sheker

You're not going to be able to simply rip it and it instantly works. Here's what you really need to do:

Your sprite files are going to have to be 128x256, with blank space at the bottom. You can achieve this by canvasing your original image and having the sprites anchored to the top. You will have to make changes to "DrawPlayer" "DrawNpc" "ProcessMovement" and "DrawName."

For DrawPlayer, and DrawNpc, you want to make calculations that will make the height of the drawn image 48, and the width of the drawn image 32(which is already set because of 32x32 sprites). For help with this, reference EO's BltPlayer, and how it calculates its numbers, but remember  that when you are calculating them for CSDE, the actual height of your images are 256 instead of 192, as stated above.  For ProcessMovement you can rip from EO, and for DrawName just adjust it by changing a number.

Mess with it a bit and you'll achieve something like this:

Ah, thank you. I didn't mean that however. I meant that on the start when you create your character in EO2, you could press "[Change Sprite]" and you could change your sprite from the selection in the server ini file. Crystalshire, Developer's Edition, does not have this. Thank you for the information to make my sprite size bigger.