Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Newbie Question(s) About Distribution

Kingofdemonz

Hello, I'm new to the forums. I took the time to check out a lot of stuff. I downloaded a custom engine *cough*Eclipse The Final Frontier*cough* too. So now.. I wanted to show the game to a friend of mine. So I have a few questions on giving him the game(distributing).. Now don't think of me as a TOTAL newbie, I took my time and used the lil' search bar up there ^ to find out stuff about distribution but I still had some questions in mind so I posted this topic.

When I distribute I just zip the client files along with the runtimes installer and then give it to my friend right? And before that I have to remove my username and pass from the config.ini and all move all the source files, right? If not, correct me.

Now, what about the sound and graphics of the game? Should it go along with the client?

If your answer is yes:

>! Then would people be able to change the sound or graphic files of the game?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance ^_^

- Kodz

The best way to prevent that is to encrypt the data files. Other way would be to make the data files folder a hidden folder, this would mean that the folder wouldn't normally be seen in Windows Explorer. But keep in mind if the person who is playing the game has hidden folders by default as visible then they can see your data files folder.