Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CS:DE] Many question

Doraemon

1\. How to make the fog work?
2\. If i add some EO2.0 's feature in it, will it work?
3\. How to make insert own font into the engine… what does "dat" file means? i know "png" but no "dat"
4\. How can i let EO's character work on CS:DE? can we change the code?
For example:
EO is
█░█░
░█░█
█░█░
░█░█
but CS:DE is
█░█
░█░
█░█
░█░

1\. I don't have a clear idea. Apparently, the editor won't let you set fog.
2\. Depending what type of system the EO edit you want edits.
3\. .DAT is not an Image format. A .DAT file is an extension that refers to a data file created by an Application.
4\. The format is pretty much the same. You just remove the 4th row and leave it blank.

@Aeri:

> There's an extra row because all graphics have to be a multiple of two, because of the DD8 graphics engine, I think.

Neither EO nor CS:DE use DD8 and all graphics are in multiple of two because of the graphics we use. See my explanation for you.

I'm not an expert but not many expert will answer your question so take it or leave it:
1\. You need fogs texture in your graphic folder and there is a setting in Map Property.
2\. EO's tutorial should work fine for CS:DE. Except the tutorials that use components no longer in CS:DE, like DD7.
3\. No idea how CS:DE draw the text. Look like a third party application is needed to make the .dat file.
4\. Sure you can. I believe EO movement is 1234 1234 while CS:DE is 1232 1232\. so change the fourth movement to 4 instead of 2!

Btw, all of these are not tested and could be incorrect. I answer your question only after a quick look at CS:DE source and use my knowledge on VB6 and EO 2.0

Sincerely,
Rithy

My explanation for Aeri : They both have 4 rows, I think you meant columns. Anywho, EO have an extra column(compare to CS:DE) and it use DD7\. Crystalshire have one less column(compare to EO) and I'm no Dx8 or CS:DE expert but I'm pretty sure it use D3D8\. So, neither engine use DD8 and having an extra column or one less column doesn't make it "a multiple of 2" nor is it the reason why CS:DE have 3 columns while EO have 4 columns. The reason is how the movement is processed. And D3D8 doesn't really have a limitation. It's just using a squared texture size is good for performance. Especially 256 x 256\. You see it? That's what people meant by power of 2 or squared texture. 256^2\. It was something to do with graphic card and stuff. I read about it a while ago after looking at someone's Dx8 Class over at OGC community years a go, I decided to research on Dx8 but never finish studying nor use it. I simply prefer DD7 for now.