Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You want esprite?

@Frostyy:

> It does a few things.  first off, it changes focus to those things that are higher resolution.  Then it provides a texture to everything.  And then of course it's ducking sexy ;)

Glad someone gets me. Well if they look plainly bad, I suppose you just don't have to play. I have done a couple of example maps on a throw around engine and along with everything else (sprites, items, etc.) it looks alright.

I know what you did there but I'm with Kreator on this one. It just looks like you were too lazy to actually make the graphics and enlarged some stuff, and you can justify it however you wish, hell, you might even have a design idea like that… but it will just look like you got sloppy.

@Kusy:

> I know what you did there but I'm with Kreator on this one. It just looks like you were too lazy to actually make the graphics and enlarged some stuff, and you can justify it however you wish, hell, you might even have a design idea like that… but it will just look like you got sloppy.

Well being that you and Kreator are pretty damn top notch pixel artist, I will take your word on it. After reading what he said, I started reconsidering things. I suppose what I did was a start, but once I resize things, I should go back and work on them so they are all the same consistency. I figured since it was "retro" as long as you start with the same consistency, it was alright. I'll get to work on fixing some things.

EDIT:

I suppose a way I could approach things is to make the smaller tiles such as grass, dirt, etc. in the 16x16 format. Then resize. If I intend on making larger tiles, like trees and mountain, make them 32x32 for example and then resize as well. That way things will have more of a similar consistency?

I think it might work the way it is if you let's say, mix it. You add some "big pixels" onto things that are suposed to be made from small ones and vice versa, smaller pixels to things made from bigger ones, not necessarily reworking all the big things.

I do get what you have in mind with that style but as said before, there are ways to make it  look more consistent.

Updated.

Took Kusy and Kreator's advice. I Kind of worked around the system a bit. I still wanted everything to be different sizes, but the starting size I made different, so that everything would be the same consistency when resized to the final size.

![](http://i52.tinypic.com/24yuzok.jpg)