Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something i wish this program would..

noghost31

I'm coming from RPGMVX to Eclipse and I noticed Designing maps and rooms are a lot harder in this program but i love the fact you can have unlimited tile sets. What I really wish could be done is a Random Dungeon Generator like the one in RPGMVX.

Just a Idea..

Well, Eclipse isn't made by the same people as RPGMVX, it was made by Robin and the rest of the Eclipse team. There isn't that many on the team though. Anyway, this engine is mostly a basic one, and if you look through the tutorial/source section, you will see lots of tuts on expanding the engine. RPG Maker was designed as a basic RPG engine for newbies who don't know how to code. It has more features, and a more user-friendly interface. Eclipse is like RPG Maker for more advanced scripters I guess you could say. Well, that's my understanding anyway.

Also, WOOT! 100th post!!! WOOP WOOP!
EDIT: WOOP WOOP, ALSO JUNIOR MEMBER, WOOP WOOP!

@Olimar72:

> Well, Eclipse isn't made by the same people as RPGMVX, it was made by Robin and the rest of the Eclipse team.

No. Origins was made by me and me alone.

@Olimar72:

> There isn't that many on the team though.

No there aren't. There's just me.

@Olimar72:

> RPG Maker was designed as a basic RPG engine for newbies who don't know how to code. It has more features, and a more user-friendly interface. Eclipse is like RPG Maker for more advanced scripters I guess you could say. Well, that's my understanding anyway.

Bullshit. The reason RMXP is simpler is because it's just an RPG creator. If I was making an engine which would only be running on the user's machine then I'd be able to cut out half the shit I have to worry about and concentrate on adding fancy stuff instead.

Origins was made to run fast. It runs /much/ faster than RMXP, I might add. Everything is a balance between opportunity and optimisation.

@noghost31:

> I'm coming from RPGMVX to Eclipse and I noticed Designing maps and rooms are a lot harder in this program but i love the fact you can have unlimited tile sets. What I really wish could be done is a Random Dungeon Generator like the one in RPGMVX.
>
> Just a Idea..

The RPG Maker dungeon generator was bloody horrible. It made a generic tunnel which had absolutely no use at all. They're not even mazes.

If you're too lazy to even map your own areas out then you're in the wrong line of work. Everything in game design requires love and attention. Especially the environments.

ESPECIALLY the environments.

Also as I've said before, EVERYONE can become the best mapper in the community. It doesn't require any specialized knowledge or tools. You don't need graphic editing programs, you don't need programming knowledge or compilers; all you need is Eclipse, and the willingness to put the effort in, to be the best mapper in the community.