Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[REQUEST] Signs

Olimar72

[This is not really a request, but more of a "Does anyone know a link to this kind of tutorial" thread] So what I'm looking for is a sign attribute like in Stable. You select it, punch in some text, and you have a sign. When someone "attacks" it, they read it like talking to an NPC. Yes, I know you can make sign NPCs, but when you need a lot of them, it really clutters up your NPC slots. I've looked around, but can only find it in some house mod that is:
A: Supposedly partially broken
and B: Contains not only the sign, but a House editor, and other stuff, which I don't need

Also, I'm using latest version of Origins.

@kibbelz:

> D.I.Y - Do It Yourself.
>
> we don't make games for you, you should be happy with the tutorials out there. people who request stuff because they are too lazy to do it themselves, iritates me.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,64985.msg696713.html#msg696713
How hypocritical of you.

Sorry, I worded this wrong, I didn't mean I wanted someone to make it, it was more of a "Does anyone know if there's a sign tutorial somewhere", and I just started VB6 recently, so I can't really make my own. Also, Wabbit didn't include the wrong link, that link was showing kibbelz asking someone to do something for them.

I am currently started with making the code, I am making it a bit advanced.
Its gonna contain, a image u can choose for the sign, a text and a color, an item you can optain from the sign, you will be able to set the item function on and off, and you can make it possible for ppl to get the item multiple times or just ones… How far Am I? Currently done the sign editor system, the blitting sustem, and now working on the attribute system, I cant really figure out the attribute system, but it will be an experience for me.
The problem I have with the attribute system is, when I make a attribute on the map, the image I used for the sign will not appear, but if u attack the blocked tile of the sign, you will get the message and the item...
Sorry for the late reply, but i am not really active on this forum, cause of time and other things, but when I ve finished it, I will post it :)

@Olimar72:

> Thank you SO much! Anyway, I don't really need an image or item function, I just want a basic system for text like what used to be in Eclipse Stable.

I don't know Eclipse Stable, but do you mean something like, you walk on a tile and you get a text in the chat-box? Or you attack a blocked tile and you get a text in the chat-box?
You can also make the text flying on the game-screen, or get a new pictureBox shown when attacked, in the pictureBox you will read the sign and click on a OK button …
It's all possible ^^