Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(CS:DE) How do I edit Gui?

Jacquelinett

in-game gui, but i think i know what you are going to say: "Use EO Instead, it is easier, CSDE is for advanced people only :P"

Blah blah, I think i know how, just go and look search for the gui name and how Robin make a box, then make the same step.  But any help from you guy would be appreciated

Do not worry,I also use CS:DE ..  :-D
It seems to me that the experience you need Direct.
In game menus but I prove them neskoušel edit my main edit menu.
There DIRECT was needed.
I do not know if now jerky crap but it seems to me that this is so. :-P
Sorry for my bad english. I am Czech…

It's really not that simple. The CS:DE GUI system is bloody terrible. I've spent the last month or so working on a complete re-write which allows me to create a centralised control and window system similar to the one in Windows.

I suggest you delete the entire GUI system and write your own from scratch.

Actually i had spent 2 day learning DirectX 8 before i get Crystalshire DE for like a week ( I was trying to alphablending stuff in my game) and I happened to learn about drawing text in directX8 using D8D3D. Since I was trying to make a label, or, i was just simply trying to make a text appear in a picture box, I searched for .drawtext but it is no where to be found. The only thing that i found that is easy to understand is how robin did the credit thingy sicne he used the command call then use the parenthesis ( and the number of the picture he want to use, in this case is 25 and i check the GUI folder and found it.

So… any tip?

Everything is confusing when you don't know how it works. The rendering system in Crystalshire is probably easier to use than the one in Origins. The only difference is you actually have to render everything rather than being able to use GDI for the GUI.