Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Running Visual Basic 6.0 projects in Visual Basic 2010

Tashology

Hello,

I don't have Visual Basic 6.0, nor do I have any interest in getting it in any way other than legally and considering the only way to get it legally is to pay Microsoft $2000 for an MSDN subscription I won't be getting it any time soon. I do however have Visual Basic 2010, I never got round to upgrading further but it's fine as it is.

My question is:

is it possible to edit eclipse in Visual Basic 2010, or even convert it so it works with VB2010? I'm getting frustrated of not being able to edit the game engine to have the features I would like so I'd like to get a final answer so I can stop searching the internet for the same "run VB6 in VB2010" phrase over and over in different words.

I have a suspicion of the answer already so if that is a no, is there a way I can legally get a copy without having to pay Microsoft $2000?

Thanks,

Bump with more information: Well, I've once again looked online and found a book that had Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Update Edition with it for a ridiculously cheap price. My new question is: Will VB6: Update Edition allow me to edit eclipse?

You can use code converter but you will need to fix it.

There is also Eclipse.NET(orion) (Made in VB.net)

[http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/136569-eclipse-net-orion-mod/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/136569-eclipse-net-orion-mod/)

Hmm, yeah I tried Orion but it seems to be a little lacking - It's an impressive build but lacks some features and charms of Eclipse.

What code converters would you suggest? Or is there another way of LEGALLY getting it for cheap/free?

EDIT: Problem solved

> Hmm, yeah I tried Orion but it seems to be a little lacking - It's an impressive build but lacks some features and charms of Eclipse.
>
> What code converters would you suggest? Or is there another way of LEGALLY getting it for cheap/free?
>
>  
>
> EDIT: Problem solved

How did you solve it?

What code converter did you use?

> I (she), was eligible for a free copy of VB6 throught Microsoft Dreamspark. Found it on there.

Well, I too have an account at Dreamspark and verified.

I do not see under my software catalog where VB6 is?

Can you link me to it or show me how u got it vb6?

I want it badly!:D

> BUMP! Please can anyone answer my question?
>
> I cannot find VB6 on DreamSpark.

Not every dreamspark has the same programs on it, its up to your school to supply the software keys. if your school supplies it its under 'developer tools' right next to kinect sdk (its not on alphabetical order)