Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Character Base for Pixel Training

Byson

Well, Aside from the odd comments I have given to other peoples works regarding potential improvements, I have never actually posted anything on these forums myself for criticism.

Before I post my item of peripheral interest within this topic, I would like to make a couple of things clear. I come under a very well known category of pixel artist: **Amateur**. My skills are quite low in comparison to many people who frequent these forums, and the reason for my posting is to attempt to improve my skills in this particular area.

![](http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/MJBrophy/Persoanl%20Pixel%20Artistry/PersonalCreatedCharacterBaseCompleteforFurtherAdjustment.png)

Just some points about parts I already know about:

**1)** Yes I know it currently doesn't have any ears. I am still working on a style to fit the shape, nothing appears to be working at the moment.

**2)** Weird Eyes? Scary Eyes? I know. I have always been a fan of the Bug Eyed Manga/Anime Styles. It may be a little creepy, but I find it simultaneously fascinating. Reminds me of that bloke who could pop his eyes out on Britains Got Talent.

Otherwise, any improvements you can think of to make, or even references you would recommend to help me improve would be excitedly welcomed. Otherwise, general criticisms will be taken into consideration.

It looks fairly decent.. Although, as far as minor points of criticism.. the shadow's circumference underneath the neck is too large, the chest looks odd, and the arms are too short, and bit too thin when compared to the torso.. either the torso needs to be slightly smaller, or the arms a tad bigger imho… anyway, good job for the most part

~ Murdock

Thanks, I will definitely get to work on those arms and torso…..I am assuming that generally unbroadening the shoulders may help with the generality. It may also help with my consistently nagging mind telling me that my base has fat thighs :)

Thank You again for the advice, I should have something for tomorrow.