Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Thoughts On The Apple Watch and Why I Will Be Buying One

Colonello

Hi everyone, now that the Apple Watch will be open for pre-order in two days I figured I'd make a topic about it. I've yet to see any topics about it so I decided why not? So first off for most people this is a waste of money. Like seriously, the average everyday person will not find any actual use in this thing at all. As of now there's not even a keyboard for it (until a 3rd party company makes one). What are your thoughts on it and will you be buying one?

I will be buying one. I have a few reasons for this. First, I am getting in shape and need a way to track my progress. It's kind of discouraging when after a week or two almost no physical changes can be seen. When you have a bar that tells you what you're doing is working it's definitely a morale booster. Imagine it as if you grinded on a game for 8 hours yet you didn't know how much exp or items you gained. Secondly, I need a nice watch. I have a beat up G-Shock that I've had for years but want to upgrade to something nicer. A smart watch is the way to go for me because I don't want to drop $100+ on something that only tells time. Lastly, I'm a pretty connected person. Most of my closest friends live states, even countries away. I use the internet **a lot. **Often times if I'm in a crowded small space or if someone is trying to tell a story and I get a message I ignore it. I forget about it for a few hours and don't remember until I need to use my phone. This allows me to check the message without me feeling awkward and rude at the same time. To add to this I forget my phone in my bedroom all the time and miss a ton of messages. Anyway I plan on buying the 42mm Space Grey Sport watch and buying a 3rd party Space Grey metal link band.

Spending $350+ on a pedometer that would otherwise cost $10 is a mistake. Using the internet on a 1x1 screen isn't practical compared to surfing on the smart phone im assuming you have to sync with the watch. Are you really going to gawk at your watch for 20 seconds while i talk to you? do you think sticking your elbow out in a crowded space so your watch screen is properly viewable is less rude?

your reasons for wanting the watch are floppy. Do you really want the watch for its function or do you want the watch so you can be seen wearing it?

> Spending $350+ on a pedometer that would otherwise cost $10 is a mistake. Using the internet on a 1x1 screen isn't practical compared to surfing on the smart phone im assuming you have to sync with the watch. Are you really going to gawk at your watch for 20 seconds while i talk to you? do you think sticking your elbow out in a crowded space so your watch screen is properly viewable is less rude?
>
> your reasons for wanting the watch are floppy. Do you really want the watch for its function or do you want the watch so you can be seen wearing it?

I guess you could say it's some of both. For the most part I love the way it looks so in actuality I want to see myself wearing it. The average pedometer also will not be nearly as accurate as the watch. It also is not able to track things such as what I eat, calorie intake, etc. Also 20 seconds is somewhat of an overstatement. Glancing at it for 2+ seconds should do the trick. If I have wi-fi connection I don't need to sync with the watch to view things too.

I'm not buying it, I bought the samsung gear watch and it was brilliant the first week, After that it got boxed up and is like brand new and worth £20 if that? There's a lot better options for a pedometer. If you have the cash, why not? I found using the small screen on the Gear awful. Although handy in the right situations I don't see myself been in a situation that I would say "Damn, Wish I had my smart watch with me right now"