Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drawing Tablet.

Been wanting to get a drawing tablet for some time now. Currently, I go through the process of sketching on paper, and then uploading my drawings through my scanner. Obviously, producing shit quality of my original compositions.

I want to buy a decent/good/ possibly really good (depending on price) drawing tablet to further my "serious" drawing hobby. Meaning I want something that will be able to help me produce things at a semi-professional consistency.

Please only give me recommendations if you are a serious artist or have been using some really good technology and can vouch for it.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Also, the whole drawing tablet thing is pretty new to me. If possible, please list different software or anything else that is useful.

Again, thanks.

Wacom Bamboo tablets are nice, and cheap too, but if you're willing to pay a little more then I'd go with an Intuos4 tablet It has shortcut keys on the sides, a scrolling circle to zoom easier, it lasts much longer than the bamboo tablet, and I just like the overall feel of it instead of the bamboo. The bamboo tablet is small and meant more for hobbyists I believe, the intuos comes in much larger sizes. The Bamboo tablet is around $70-200.00 depending on what kind you want, and the Intuos4 goes from around $250-800.00 also dependsing on what size you get.

@Wraith:

> Wacom Bamboo tablets are nice, and cheap too, but if you're willing to pay a little more then I'd go with an Intuos4 tablet It has shortcut keys on the sides, a scrolling circle to zoom easier, it lasts much longer than the bamboo tablet, and I just like the overall feel of it instead of the bamboo. The bamboo tablet is small and meant more for hobbyists I believe, the intuos comes in much larger sizes. The Bamboo tablet is around $70-200.00 depending on what kind you want, and the Intuos4 goes from around $250-800.00 also dependsing on what size you get.

+1 :)

@Wraith:

> Wacom Bamboo tablets are nice, and cheap too, but if you're willing to pay a little more then I'd go with an Intuos4 tablet It has shortcut keys on the sides, a scrolling circle to zoom easier, it lasts much longer than the bamboo tablet, and I just like the overall feel of it instead of the bamboo. The bamboo tablet is small and meant more for hobbyists I believe, the intuos comes in much larger sizes. The Bamboo tablet is around $70-200.00 depending on what kind you want, and the Intuos4 goes from around $250-800.00 also dependsing on what size you get.

I presume you use an Intuos4? If so, then I am sold. Haha.

@Xanvius:

> I use a Wacom Bamboo tablet :)

Thanks on suggesting, but I am looking for something with a little more professionalism. I plan on using the drawing tablet in accordance with my portfolio, but also for a graphic arts job I have ligned up.

@Zonova:

> Photoshop with a Bamboo tablet is a perfect combo ^^

Kinda figured photoshop, but I wasn't too sure if there was any other type of software more preferable with tablets. Thanks tho!