Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hamachi

Catapult

Hello,

I am very getting confused with this, Hamachi. I see many people using 'Hamachi' to host their gaming servers. I don't know why. Is Hamachi free to use? What is the role of Hamachi in gaming server? Does Hamachi hosts your gaming server for free or what? If Hamachi hosts your server, does it need your computer to be running as well?

Cheers and thank you!

Hamachi is just a program you can use that creates networks. It can be used instead of portforwarding, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Essentially, the server host would start up a network on Hamachi and get his players to join that network whilst they play his game.

The drawbacks are that Hamachi can really only deal with a few people, and all your players have to download third-party software and set that up before playing. That's really not an option because a lot of players just want to play, they don't have the knowledge, time, nor the inclination to download and use Hamachi.

If you're having trouble portforwarding, I suggest you use [this](http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/download) software instead of Hamachi. Your game will have much more players.