Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A tiny question…

Annahstas

OK so last night CrzyAss fixed my port for me and I thank him for that and it was my firewall. OK now everything works except I can't get into my game without the Ip being on local host in client .Config.
Yes I have everything correct. I got my IP correct to to the "T" as what to do.

How do I fix this? Sorry I know dumb question but I have followed protocol as is. Even CRZY knows I did it for he helped me earlier. Though he tested I can put my ip that is needed to send out the game and it works just fine. I want to be able to play with friends and get it fixed ASAP as to when I get enough done on it.

So any help would be lovely as to why it is doing this.

@⠛ʍEи:

> if you are running the client on the same computer as the server it has to be localhost.

Shouldn't be a problem. Connecting to your local server works just as well when getting routed through the… well, router. I connect this way all the time.

If you can only connect through localhost it means the port forward didn't take.

@Robin:

> Shouldn't be a problem. Connecting to your local server works just as well when getting routed through the… well, router. I connect this way all the time.
>
> If you can only connect through localhost it means the port forward didn't take.

See that's the problem. Crzyass tested it and he could play it on his computer. So the port took it just wont let me do anything unless I am on localhost in my game.

If the server and client are the same machine, change your ip in the config file to read localhost, you generally won't be able to connect to yourself via your external IP address.  If its the same machine and localhost isn't working try the address 127.0.0.1 if that works and localhost didn't then it's an issue with your DnS cache and an ipconfig /flushdns or resetting the tcpip stack should fix it.  If its on a different computer in the same network, ensure you are connecting to the computers internal ip starting with 192.168.x.x

@Rob:

> If the server and client are the same machine, change your ip in the config file to read localhost, you generally won't be able to connect to yourself via your external IP address.  If its the same machine and localhost isn't working try the address 127.0.0.1 if that works and localhost didn't then it's an issue with your DnS cache and an ipconfig /flushdns or resetting the tcpip stack should fix it.  If its on a different computer in the same network, ensure you are connecting to the computers internal ip starting with 192.168.x.x

No I am on the same computer and the 127.0.0.1 didn't work for me?

If you're using 127.0.0.1 and still can't connect, and try different ports, it's most likely a problem with your computer or something being done incorrectly.

As for generally not being able to connect via external IPs,  I think it depends on your ISP, I wasn't able to for years until moving to a new ISP, before that I always needed to connect to my local loop back.