Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about sprites.

abhi2011

Hey guys I was going through the CrystalShire data files and found out that the characteres were in the following format

XXX
XXX
XXX 

I thought we needed 4 sprites in each row. Can i do it like the one give above directly or should i change something.
oh and by the way i tested by coping a sprite from CS and pasting it into EO directory. And when i try to to run the client the sprites dont show up.

They don't show up because CS:DE supports .png while EO does not. The format was also modified to support the general RMVX RTP sprites. If you want to change EO to 3 sprites per row, you would have to modify your DirectDraw module. It's just easier to find a RMVX to RMXP Sprite converter.

@DJMaxus:

> The format was also modified to support the general RMVX RTP sprites. If you want to change EO to 3 sprites per row, you would have to modify your DirectDraw module. It's just easier to find a RMVX to RMXP Sprite converter.

What is RMVX RTP and RMXP and what is DirectDraw.

@abhi2011:

> What is RMVX RTP and RMXP and what is DirectDraw.

You need some Vb knowledge to understand that. However you cannot copy and paste the CSDE sprite file and paste to EO, because the extension of the CSDE sprite is .PNG files and EO use .bitmap so you have to convert it from PNG to Bitmap to use it in EO.

@abhi2011:

> What is RMVX RTP and RMXP and what is DirectDraw.

RMVX and RMXP are products by Enterbrain (Enderbrain, i forget) that are used to make single player rpg's. Commercial titles etc publishing to many systems.

Directdraw is part of the graphics handling routine for directx based applications, I recommend staying away from it until you have reasonable familiarity with VB6.

Others might disagree though, immersion is a powerful teacher.

If you just need to make sprites from one work in the other, I recommend getting good with the cut and paste features of a graphical editing software suite, like photoshop or GIMP, or paint.net or one of several others.