Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Learning Python

Mr.LLoyd

So basically I'm learning python and this is my first try ever to make a game engine and try to create a python rpg game.I'm only a beginner but I'm learning step by step.If i can complete the engine i will make rpg game then i will make an PHP server and then try to make it to an MMORPG game.This is what i made so far:

1.A window.
2.Loading image files (player,background etc..).
3.Moving the player around the screen.
4.Collision detection so the player can't run off the screen.

This is only 1-2 hour work + the learning time.
You can download it and try it out.
Also if you are learning python too send me a pm if you are interested.

**Download**

>! http://www.mediafire.com/?rk2o22dch4x1hc6

switch to c++… it's not to hard (can't be much harder than in python...) to use opengl & sdl as a combination for an mmorpg project.... with opengl&sdl you have everything you need for texture loading, effects, music, input aswell as sdl's networking library (sdl_net or somethin')... just my 2 cents (i have good experience with that and it's probably as fast as you can get by now when it comes to rendering... also multi-platform compatible)

-seal

@Mr.:

> Yeah that's 100% but i have worked whit C++ some months and i find it hard for me. The far i got whit it was making a Guessing Game.

sounds like an ok start… just dig deeper & deeper and then finally upgrade to the mentioned libraries...
You can even do stuff like a tiled map system or something like that first without a graphics library... try to motivate yourself through different stations and finally start with some smaller projects before you finally get to try making an mmorpg :)

good luck,
-seal

@Mr.:

> Thank you for your advices so in some words you all want to say is that: Python is good to start whit but if you want to do the things right and in a professional way start learning C++.Right ?

Not necessarily C++, but at least Java or VB. It's not that it's just professionalism, either. I don't think an MMO coded entirely in python would be able to support many players, if any at all.

@Frostyy:

> Not necessarily C++, but at least Java **or VB**. It's not that it's just professionalism, either. I don't think an MMO coded entirely in python would be able to support many players, if any at all.

Start: Python
Finish: **VB**

![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/whaface.png)