Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can I embed the client into a website?

Eevee204

I want a website to load up the client instead of giving out the Data File to people, does anyone know a guide or a website I can follow to achieve this OR if possible to encrypt my data file so they can't access the pictures/animations.

Thanks
Eevee204

If you are worried about having other players accessing your pictures and other data files. You can code your engine so it can read an image labelled for example: Picture.tyf as a regular image file. But that means having to write code into the engine so it no longer runs of DX7 and would have to use some other API.

As far as I know. VB6 and/or DX7 cannot handle .png image files.

This process is what major MMO producers do, just so players don't tamper with map textures/tiles, player avatars, etc. However if they DID change their images in their client folder, well it would only affect THEIR version of the client. So pretty much if they want to screw arounfd with your sprites then they would only be screwing their client for themselves. :P

Yeah I know what happens when they edit their folder, but they can copy over the whole thing, the maps is there anyway I can get a copy right on it? So anyone was to use my sprites to make their own game I can get some legal issues involved?

Also my team wanted to make money off our designs and we wanted to add in a custom character feature, so we were thinking we shouldn't let them edit their character because it will the defeat the purpose of what we want :/ lol

Thanks if you can reply back to this post :P

Like I said before. You can allow your client read a custom image file extension (which means go ahead and make up your own image file extension. for example: picture.ipk) However you have to source edit your client in vb6 to read a .ipk image file, as well as having it be able to run off something other than DX7 as an API.

@Eevee204:

> Yeah I know what happens when they edit their folder, but they can copy over the whole thing, the maps is there anyway I can get a copy right on it? So anyone was to use my sprites to make their own game I can get some legal issues involved?
>
> Also my team wanted to make money off our designs and we wanted to add in a custom character feature, so we were thinking we shouldn't let them edit their character because it will the defeat the purpose of what we want :/ lol
>
> Thanks if you can reply back to this post :P

Seriously it super hard to make money out of an eclipse game. Most money that most ppl earn through an Eclipse Game is through ad advertising and not from premium feature.

And for your image thing. Welcome to the internet.