Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CS:DE Resolution?

BeNjO

Iv been lurking here for a while and now i really need some help.

im using CS:DE and everything is going great, but im having trouble adjusting the source to 1280x720\. I chose this resolution because its not too big nor too small. I went about searching the source and changed all 800's to 1280 and all the 600's to 720's (ones for rendering anyway). I also changed the frmmain.width/height to the correct twips. but the main menu is still like 800x600 (but shoved to the left) and the in-game form is just bigger and nothing is in the correct place. Am i doing this wrong? Do i need to redo the GUI? I thought i would not but this is proving difficult for me and its the only snag iv hit in the time i have been using it.

Thanks,
          Doug

Thank you for you're quick reply, but i would have no idea on how to do that. The engine it self has been great to work with and progress on my little "spare-time" project is going nice. Just really dis-liked the small 800x600 screen so thought before I started mapping I would attempt at doing this first then crack on with the mapping.

To answer your question your problem is a graphical one. It's loading an 800x600 image onto a 1280x720 window.  Just open each of your GUI menus in some image editing program and resize them all to 1280x720.  You will probably need to adjust the button placement in each of your forms as well.

Do you have any idea to do that? I thought with the frmmain.width/height been defined and adjusted on startup that would null having to adjust the frmmain it self. this is the only thing i am having a problem with once i get past this then i can continue to use a great engine. If no one can help me ill just have to stick with 800x600 as i really do prefer CS to EO.

It did change the width/height of the frmmain but you will still need to open them and adjust them to the new resolution, the reason your main menu is only showing part it in the top left corner is because the window needs to be centered and resized to fit the image.  And that's why each of your buttons are showing up in the wrong place, because in the frmmain they are still in the same place a 800x600 window would be.
When you open up the form you should see what I'm talking about, hopefully.

With CS there are no buttons to see when i open the frmmain because there rendered on load with the DX8 and with me changing the 800 and 600 values i would of thought they would of rendered in the correct places, but in actual fact the buttons are not clickable i have to click about 32 pixels below each button to get them to do anything. This is why i am so confused lol!

Doug

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't really open my own copy of VB to be more descriptive.
Hell, I've only messed with EO, CS:DE might be a completely different beast and I'm just chasing my tail trying to help. :P
Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Thanks to both for the help, I somehow managed to ruin my post and having to retype it so I do apologise if I seem a bit blunt. How can one donate to the owners/up keep of Eclipse/CS:DE? I am looking to donate some time and would be helpful if I can bookmark the link for future use.

on a side note: is there anyone who, apart from robin since he's a busy guy, that could help me with this if I paid? I'm not wanting to turn this into a bidding thread but I have not looked into paying someone but I am willing to do it if its possible. (Payment will be upfront if it is a trusted member of the community)

TehDoug