Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My server stopped working even though I got it loading

Eevee204

I was running my server last night and when I woke up this morning its no longer working, I've checked:
The IP in the config file, re-downloading a new server, I did check my firewall settings and I allowed the server to connect and then it worked but when I restarted my laptop its not longer working again.

I've disabled my firewall but I still couldn't connect, my port on my router is open to to allow it and I'm currently updating my firewall + virus scanning my computer.

Does anybody know the reason to why I can't connect?

Thanks
Eevee204

I have restarted my computer several times but I'm still having the same error, my computer is currently going through its virus scan/firewall updates so I'll be restarting it again after that, but I have restarted and I'm getting the same error, any other solutions to fix this?

Thanks
Eevee204

Yeah I have, I just checked and its all there, I've checked my firewall and I'm still getting the same issue, my firewall is allowing the correct port also, I'm just trying some stuff to see if I can it to work, it was working perfectly fine last night but when I turned on my laptop today it wasn't.

Eevee204

You've checked your internal IP…have you checked your external one? It might have cycled.

Just go onto ipchicken, or something that tells you your current WAN IP, and just check it's the same as the one you distributed. If it is different, just send out the new IP as an update.

Even if it isn't this, consider getting a no-ip account to take into account for that kind of event occuring.