Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GuildWars 2

Murdoc

Um yea.. Looking forward to its release to say the least (tba in 2012). The visuals are stunning and it just looks kick ass in general.

"Youll get a quest text that tells you that 'Im getting killed by these horrible centaurs' and its not actually happening. In the game world these centaurs are standing around in a field.. We dont think thats ok. You see whats happening. You see centaurs running to a trading post knocking the walls down, burning and killing the merchants.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FskSWHLgE

Its something different than in WoW, instead of talking to people you can also gain quests by just walking in an area, then you come across quests like people who getting attacked by robbers and such.
And the graphics also look very nice.

And we should forget the underwater combat either.

@Erwin:

> Its something different than in WoW, instead of talking to people you can also gain quests by just walking in an area, then you come across quests like people who getting attacked by robbers and such.
> And the graphics also look very nice.
>
> And we should forget the underwater combat either.

If I see the word WoW one more time to compare an mmorpg Im going to shoot myself.. lol.. WoW should have been named an Everquest clone long ago to end once and for all the notion that every mmo must be compared to the infamous WoW, or that it was an original concept.. anyway, I have a feeling this will blow WoW out of the water.. not that it would be that hard of course

@Erwin:

> Well, alot people might not like WoW (don't shoot yourself), Blizzard is making alot of money from it with only 11 million users.
> Its an example of a succesful MMO, thats why many people compare other MMO's with it.

Im aware of its success and Blizzards excellent marketing techniques.. But I have to argue that that's the only reason people compare mmos to it.. one of the most popular lines youll hear from WoW lovers is that most mmorpgs are WoW clones. They fail to realize that at the time of WoW's release there were already several titles just like it. But I suppose it could be both reasons. I just personally hate the game to be honest. Never got into it and I get tired of these n00b gamer wannabes pretending to know anything about mmo history.

I never really got into the original Guild Wars that much either. The level cap of 20 didnt appeal to me and I found the drops/equipment to be too repetitive. It did have a certain fun factor though. But, from looking at a few GW2 trailers I think it should far surpass both in several departments.

@Murdoc:

> Im aware of its success and Blizzards excellent marketing techniques.. But I have to argue that that's the only reason people compare mmos to it.. one of the most popular lines youll hear from WoW lovers is that most mmorpgs are WoW clones. They fail to realize that at the time of WoW's release there were already several titles just like it. But I suppose it could be both reasons. I just personally hate the game to be honest. Never got into it and I get tired of these n00b gamer wannabes pretending to know anything about mmo history.
>
> I never really got into the original Guild Wars that much either. The level cap of 20 didnt appeal to me and I found the drops/equipment to be too repetitive. It did have a certain fun factor though. But, from looking at a few GW2 trailers I think it should far surpass both in several departments.

And it looks like Blizzard is also reallizing that WoW is getting old, because they're working on a new MMO called 'Project Titan'.

@Murdoc:

> I never really got into the original Guild Wars that much either. The level cap of 20 didnt appeal to me and I found the drops/equipment to be too repetitive. It did have a certain fun factor though. But, from looking at a few GW2 trailers I think it should far surpass both in several departments.

I didn't got into Guild Wars (1) too, but 2 looks so nice, maybe this would be the first MMO I would actually buy. (no monthly price, yay)