Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CS:DE] Map start location

Recoil

Looking through the threads it says you edit the map/X/Y in the classes.ini on the server for regular [EO].  These options are not there in this version.  I have checked all the panels and have not found this.  Any assistance please?

I actually had to go through the tutorial for setting the class starting locations…I am turning those into races and doing something totally different for classes (once I figure it out ;) ) and needed different starting places.

But for something more universal, I think it would be better (if all starting places are the same) for them to go somewhere externally, maybe in the server options.ini so it can be changed easier.  Just an opinion though.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this, but why do the client fonts look like they aren't displaying properly?  It seems there are additional "dots" at the end of each character.  Even the carriage is obscure, while waiting it looks like this:  (  |  :  )  …no parenthesis, and the dots are at the top and bottom, like it is picking up something else maybe?

Well, I went back and looked at the EO version.  I have no issues there, and it is using DX7.  I believe the rendering issue in CS:DE has something to do with DX8 and my chipset.  Since it doesn't seem that anyone else has run into this issue, making any changes might be a bad idea on my part…or making 2 clients, but that is an additional hassle.

I wasn't sure if there happened to be an easy fix to this, or a solution that I was unable to locate in the searches.  I will just keep looking through the code though to see if I can modify it.

But if anyone else runs into this issue, please post about it.