Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Port forward issue

hullenheingh

i succesfully forwarded my port on my home network. Computers connected to that network can log in to my game with the LAN ip on desktop(where i run my server). The problem is when i want someone to connect from another network. I had problems distributing the client folder since my tester lives in another state ( even with uploading) so i told my tester to download the files from the website and sent him my config.ini (with my public ip of course) and he can't connect. I had problems with this before, the port says it's succesfully forwarded(i can connect within my own network with Lan ip, something i couldnt do before) and my public ip ( from ipchicken) doesn't change unless i reset my connection(which i have not). Did i do something wrong?

I've been a member since 2006 and feel that the only weekness in the forum is that there is no real solid tutorial for port forwarding ( all of them help but there are many things people don't understand).

A little support would be apriciated ;)

(Sorry for typos my keyboard is kind of old and sometimes my keys stick)                                                                                         

Thanks in advance and keep being awesome Eclipse team!

Have you tried reading through [this article](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg617132.html#msg617132)? The two things that are important are grasping how the entire concept works, and the terminology that is used.

Yours faithfully,
  Stephan.

I've read it several times(and watched the video), It's helped alot, I managed to connect from my laptop (on the same network). The problem is my public ip, it hasn't changed and i made sure it's the same as the ones i sent to my testers ( found a friend about 1 hour ago who was willing to do it) but still the same problem happened, says the server is down.

Are you behind multiple layers of routers? If not, and you think that your friend has the right IP and port, and that you've properly added your entry try rebooting the router (some routers have to be rebooted in order to use the new settings, for whatever reason). If that doesn't help you might want to check if some firewall is blocking external computers from accessing your server.

Yours faithfully,
  Stephan.

@hullenheingh:

> Still nothing, reset my router and my public ip did not change, turned off my routers firewall and my windows firewall and still nothing.
>
> maybe the port is configured wrong? should i try another port?

If it is the same as in the configuration file of your server, it should be fine.

Yours faithfully,
  Stephan.