Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guild / NPC drop issues

Morikem

Hi all.

UPDATE: I finally got in touch with him- he's told me he's going to fix it later.

I've come across some issues in my code as I've been just trying to polish up what I've already got so I can start testing and balancing it with a few friends.

I've got these issues:

I had a guild system put in by Justin Fugate, initially it worked but I later asked him to add in hunger/thirst systems and somewhere during the back and forth he cocked up the guild system and after a few month hiatus I've remembered how hard it is to get back in contact with him, here are the symptoms:

-Created guild.
-Server crash "Runtime Error 9: SubScript out of Range"
-Launch server
-Launch game
-Server crash "Runtime Error 9: SubScript out of Range" - 

I also asked for him to put in a multi-drop system for NPCs with % chances for each item to drop- it looks good on the editor, the only problem is that no monsters actually drop anything and I'm not really sure where the code for this would be.

To change the percent you type 0-100 in the box but even at 100 the items never drop (it's definitely a code issue as I've looked at and checked the items exist, etc.)

I hope someone can help me out here, thanks.
Mori

Your Runtime error revolves around an index that's higher or lower than the current maximum. if you have VB6, breakpoint on the login sequence, and see what the GuildNum is, and see if it's higher than the current maximum(would be like Guild(1 To MAX_GUILDS) As GuildRec). I can fix this for you but I don't do free work, sorry

@'Growlith1223':

> Your Runtime error revolves around an index that's higher or lower than the current maximum. if you have VB6, breakpoint on the login sequence, and see what the GuildNum is, and see if it's higher than the current maximum(would be like Guild(1 To MAX_GUILDS) As GuildRec). I can fix this for you but I don't do free work, sorry

Right so:

Find the login sequence (ModClientTCP?)
Check that the guild number isn't higher than the maximum of guilds. (ModGuild)

Seems straightforward enough, I'll take a look at it after dinner.
I'm starting to get a feel for Eclipse in VB6.

@'Morikem':

> @'Growlith1223':
>
> > Your Runtime error revolves around an index that's higher or lower than the current maximum. if you have VB6, breakpoint on the login sequence, and see what the GuildNum is, and see if it's higher than the current maximum(would be like Guild(1 To MAX_GUILDS) As GuildRec). I can fix this for you but I don't do free work, sorry
>
> Right so:
>
> Find the login sequence (ModClientTCP?)
> Check that the guild number isn't higher than the maximum of guilds. (ModGuild)
>
> Seems straightforward enough, I'll take a look at it after dinner.
> I'm starting to get a feel for Eclipse in VB6.

If you don't know how to breakpoint, go to a line of code, and move your mouse to the very left, the cursor should flip or just not have the text cursor, after that just click, the application should pause at the exact line you set the breakpoint. just see what GuildNum is equal to, and see what MAX_GUILDS is also equal to, and go from there :P

Wait I can edit code live whilst the program is debugging ? You have no idea how much time that would save.

Also- I don't have "max guilds" on the client side.
I have "MAX_GUILD_SAVES" on the server side, this is set at 200.
Max members = 50, max ranks = 6 on both sides.