Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to include new constant?

Notsu

Hello,
My first question is how to add new constant like MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS or MAX_MAP_NPCS called MAX_MAP_PLAYERS, I add these constant to the modConstants in server and client. Is that all?

and the second question:
I want to check the MAX_MAP_PLAYERS when player want to enter map. If max_map_players on map then can't enter. How to do this?

Can You suggest an idea how to do these things?
Thanks for reply.

uh….i just thought of this but...in order to make it so ppl cannot goto a map if there is a certain amount, you would have to make it so if a player enters a map, it will check if max_map_players is at the max, and if not, it will warp you to that map and it will then, send a packet to the server saying that a player has gone to a map and must be added to the max players but if you do add that in, you will only be slowing down your server with packets upon packets because of all the players going to other maps and stuff...I don't know, i am new to vb6 xD
but i wouldn't recomend it, but it's just my opinion.

@Notsu:

> I want to create map where entering is possible only by button, on click  that chcecks how many players are on the map and if <=MAX_MAP_PLAYERS then warps you to this map.

oh if it's like that…i only know how to make it warp you, i don't know how to check to see if the max players is less than or equal to an mount xD i can't help you there  :huh: