Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making a character creation screen?

HybridPacman

Hi guys i'm new to this website, and eclipse :/
but i was wondering can i make a character creation in my game? for example changing hair styles, eye colors etc. if you know could you direct me to a video or website, it would be very helpful, thanks again

~ Hybrid Pacman :3

There's no one that's made this and shared it with people. It requires you to do a fair amount of edits server and client side, along with rendering procedures, and knowing how to get things to render on other picture boxes properly. :]

It's possible, I have it on my own client.. But I doubt anyone is just willing to share it.

Nope. Perhaps in the future if I work out one last issue I can't seem to fix(If you log out of the game, and register a new account after it refuses to render the character screen properly no matter what I change) I may end up selling it, but handing it out to everyone and his mother for free? Oh dear god no.

Don't give up hope pal. I made one of these for CS:DE, here is the link.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,77052.0.html

It is very basic and I created with the intent of other people expanding upon it. It only allows for gender and hair customization. For eyes and other options, you can just re-follow the tutorial, only using eyes instead of hair.

If you want to use this in EO, you can follow the same general procedures, just handle the graphics the way EO does, it'll work the same way.