Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vb6 is killing me/ eclipse worlds help

Kraken

Hi yall, I'm new.
For the past week I have been trying to get vb6 to work with Eclipse Worlds.
All i wanted was a translucent Chatbox. but the stand in image that it loads is .bmp so obviously i wanted to change that to a .png with a translucent bg. But I can't even load the client project. I just get barraged by "Could not be loaded" for pretty much everything.
I have managed to load previous eclipse projects with vb6 this week, but I just can't seem to get this one to work.
I have tried all the compatibility options, Dual booted win XP (I'm on win 7) done separate MSDN installs. And looked through every vb6 help thread on here to no dice.
I'll probably just give up on this considering its only just the chat box. I just hate how much of the screen it takes up.
But if any of you know of a possible fix/ are willing to help, ill even send you my client via. dropbox if you can help a brother out.

*edit: Sky engine works perfectly. I think this is just a problem with EW.

just dont bother with eclipse worlds, there are a few better ones, and if only this engine well then idk what to say, i dont see a solution. I would of suggested running on windows xp but it seems u have done that already so use like skys engine or something

@'artix5455':

> just dont bother with eclipse worlds, there are a few better ones, and if only this engine well then idk what to say, i dont see a solution. I would of suggested running on windows xp but it seems u have done that already so use like skys engine or something

Thank you for the reply.
I really thought that running it in XP would have done the trick.. wasted 7 hours of my day today. I just didn't want to have to switch engines since I put so much work into the game so far. Oh Well.. haha

@'Kraken':

> @'artix5455':
>
> > just dont bother with eclipse worlds, there are a few better ones, and if only this engine well then idk what to say, i dont see a solution. I would of suggested running on windows xp but it seems u have done that already so use like skys engine or something
>
> Thank you for the reply.
> I really thought that running it in XP would have done the trick.. wasted 7 hours of my day today. I just didn't want to have to switch engines since I put so much work into the game so far. Oh Well.. haha

Open up the project file (client.vbp) with a text editor such as notepad++ Find the line that says
```
Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.1#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
```and change the #2.1 to #2.0 so it looks like:
```
Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.0#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
```
_Should_ work fine

Open up the project file (client.vbp) with a text editor such as notepad++ Find the line that says
```
Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.1#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
```and change the #2.1 to #2.0 so it looks like:
```
Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.0#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
```
_Should_ work fine

Already tried this :/ It got rid of one error. Still keeps telling me "unable to load" .cls and log files.

1) Make sure to re-install VB6, and the runtime files.
2) Delete your .vbp file and get yourself a fresh one.

Visual Basic 6 has a peculiar property of rather than just failing to load a project with invalid Control Dependencies, it just replaces all of the extra controls with picture boxes. This messes everything up. If, after you loaded your project and recieved this error for the first time, you saved the project and anything you loaded up, then you just corrupted all of your forms and such. The only way to solve this is to either replace all the replacement pictureboxes with their actual controls, or get yourself a fresh copy of the source.

@'Kizzaa':

> Make sure you install VB6 Properly, I followed this tutorial: http://www.fortypoundhead.com/showcontent.asp?artid=20502

Sadly I followed that tutorial. And as I stated before I had no trouble opening up previous engines with it. I've kinda accepted that I have no clue how to fix it at this point.

When you open the source, it will overwrite some of the code. Make sure to grab the source again and change the version of MSCOMCTL.OCX.

@'artix5455':

> just dont bother with eclipse worlds, there are a few better ones, and if only this engine well then idk what to say, i dont see a solution. I would of suggested running on windows xp but it seems u have done that already so use like skys engine or something

He's asking for help. All Visual Basic 6 engines will have this problem, it just depends on the configuration of the computer. I have fixed this in the latest source which can be pulled via GitHub.

@'Helladen':

> When you open the source, it will overwrite some of the code. Make sure to grab the source again and change the version of MSCOMCTL.OCX.
>
> He's asking for help. All Visual Basic 6 engines will have this problem, it just depends on the configuration of the computer. I have fixed this in the latest source which can be pulled via GitHub.

I'm sticking with your engine. I've got a few weeks of work into my project so far, gonna go try your new source. Keep the updates coming! 
Many thanks!