Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows Text Editor

Connor L

No offence, but this isn't exactly show off material at all. Everyone does a notepad text editor on their first go. Why in hell do you think that it's /good enough/ to show off? No, it's not.

There's also no scroll bar making it HORRIBLE to use. What makes this different from Windows Text Editor besides the badly placed GUI and the slow transparent window when moving?

Make something that's decent and worth showing off that isn't your FIRST EVER PROGRAM!
Also this is not exactly programming, it's just adding in pre-made controls to a pre-made form and then using a pre-made api to load text into a textbox.

Sorry it's the truth <3
Good luck with future projects.
x0x0, Captain Wabbit girl.

@SeanMungo:

> I Agree with Crest. Even if it wasnt "Fully" made by you (as Wabbit said with the pre-made buttons.)
> Its still better then anything i could make at this point. =).
>
> So good job to you xD

Just because you can't make it doesn't mean its good.

Showing off your first ever program is good? No, get the fuck out Crest. We don't want our Show off board riddled with nothing to show off. Hey look I made my first program! Oh man we must as well just make a board like "introduction" board, so everyone can show off their first program!

I love the hypocrisy in the majority of these replies.
At least I am attempting to make my own programs. Most of you duckers are using a 'Pre-made' as Wabbit mentioned, game engine, with 'Pre-made' controls, and a 'Pre-made' server. Yet your critizing me for using an API. It wasn't all drag and drop, there is coding work, it's not just a form. Oh, and Wabbit, just because you can program in VB6, don't consider yourself an all knowing programming expert. I know server sided web languages such as PHP and my development portfolio is far more impressive than yours will ever be, so shut the duck up and stop critizing someone for attempting something new and then asking for feedback. The way I see it, you're a Robin wanna be, with Robins attitude, but you lack Robins skill.

I think I've made by point.
kthnxbai trolls.

@Connor:

> I love the hypocrisy in the majority of these replies.
> At least I am attempting to make my own programs. Most of you duckers are using a 'Pre-made' as Wabbit mentioned, game engine, with 'Pre-made' controls, and a 'Pre-made' server. Yet your critizing me for using an API. It wasn't all drag and drop, there is coding work, it's not just a form. Oh, and Wabbit, just because you can program in VB6, don't consider yourself an all knowing programming expert. I know server sided web languages such as PHP and my development portfolio is far more impressive than yours will ever be, so shut the duck up and stop critizing someone for attempting something new and then asking for feedback. The way I see it, you're a Robin wanna be, with Robins attitude, but you lack Robins skill.
>
> I think I've made by point.
> kthnxbai trolls.

The funny thing is bro, I make around $1.5k every two weeks from being a programming freelancer. At the moment I'm working on project with a custom engine in C++ with OpenGL with Azure and Toranos. I love it how you say you use PHP, which is in fact a SCRIPTING LANGUAGE. The jokes on you bro. If you can't just easily jump into a .NET language and make something bigger than a textbox and a file loader with your "impressive" portfolio, you're obviously making a ducking fool of yourself, .NET was made to make everything "easier" with it's giant library of pre-made API's. Ignorance. Lack Robin's skill? Oh you're the most worthy of that judgement.

So I'm not aloud to point out that it's stupid to post your first ever program on a show-off board, because I have the same opinion as Robin when it comes to new-comers posting their first program? Grow up. He's not the only person in the world with a cynical ducking attitude.

Your point isn't proven at all, your whole argument is based on a personal attack at me, when you clearly have no ducking clue what I know, or do.

tl;dr get ducked

@Connor:

> At least I am attempting to make my own programs. Most of you duckers are using a 'Pre-made' as Wabbit mentioned, game engine, with 'Pre-made' controls, and a 'Pre-made' server. Yet your critizing me for using an API. It wasn't all drag and drop, there is coding work, it's not just a form. Oh, and Wabbit, just because you can program in VB6, don't consider yourself an all knowing programming expert. I know server sided web languages such as PHP and my development portfolio is far more impressive than yours will ever be, so shut the duck up and stop critizing someone for attempting something new and then asking for feedback. The way I see it, you're a Robin wanna be, with Robins attitude, but you lack Robins skill.
>
> kthnxbai trolls.

Ahaha. +1 to you. Don't you find it hilarious when someone learns something and then suddenly talks down to others about it?

PM me some time and we can go through his old posts together and look at what _he_ thought would be appropriate to release on here when he first started. ;]

@Captain:

> The funny thing is bro, I make around $1.5k every two weeks from being a programming freelancer. At the moment I'm working on project with a custom engine in C++ with OpenGL with Azure and Toranos. I love it how you say you use PHP, which is in fact a SCRIPTING LANGUAGE. The jokes on you bro. If you can't just easily jump into a .NET language and make something bigger than a textbox and a file loader with your "impressive" portfolio, you're obviously making a ducking fool of yourself, .NET was made to make everything "easier" with it's giant library of pre-made API's. Ignorance. Lack Robin's skill? Oh you're the most worthy of that judgement.
>
> So I'm not aloud to point out that it's stupid to post your first ever program on a show-off board, because I have the same opinion as Robin when it comes to new-comers posting their first program? Grow up. He's not the only person in the world with a cynical ducking attitude.
>
> Your point isn't proven at all, your whole argument is based on a personal attack at me, when you clearly have no ducking clue what I know, or do.
>
> tl;dr get ducked

>! @Captain:
>! > Well this is my first ever tut so be nice  :P
>
> Well it is all in the server side
>
> First open server.vbp
>
> now open frmload and find
> ```
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     Me.Show
>     Call InitServer
> End Sub
>
> ```and add under me.show
> ```
> Call PutVar(App.Path & "\restart.ini", "restart", "restart", "0")
>
> ```next open frmServer and add one timer and make the interval 500 so the server doesn't lag next double click the timer and add
> ```
> If GetVar(App.Path & "\restart.ini", "restart", "restart") = "1" Then
>         Shell ("restart.exe")
>
>         Call PutVar(App.Path & "\restart.ini", "restart", "restart", "0")
>
> Call DestroyServer
>         End If
>
> ```
> Now make a new visual basic project called restart and put what ever you like on in and in formload put
>
> ```
> Me.Show
> Shell ("Server.exe")
> End
>
> ```
>
> now compile restart to restart.exe
> and compile eclipse
>
> Next,
> open your main.txt and search for "commands"
> now add anywhere in that sub
> ```
>       Case "/rs"
>     Call PutVar(App.path & "\restart.ini", "restart", "1")
>
>     exit sub
>
> ```Hope that works if it doesn't please tell me!  :azn:
>  
>
> –-evilbunnie---

![](http://i.imgur.com/TBs3P.jpg)

@Robin:

> Ahaha. +1 to you. Don't you find it hilarious when someone learns something and then suddenly talks down to others about it?
>
> PM me some time and we can go through his old posts together and look at what _he_ thought would be appropriate to release on here when he first started. ;]

I didn't release them in the show off board, they weren't notepads. I never said that he can't post useless tutorials that resets the engine through a command(my first ever tutorial), in the source board.

Do it bro, dignity still here.

edit: Back from my ban, sorry Master Robin, I will never be bad on this forums again :(

@Captain:

> I didn't release them in the show off board, they weren't notepads. I never said that he can't post useless tutorials that resets the engine through a command(my first ever tutorial), in the source board.
>
> Do it bro, dignity still here.

Go sober up, pal.

@Connor:

>
> kthnxbai trolls.

Come onto a website for an mmorpg engine Oh, and everyone who criticized you actually _doesn't_ use the engine.

I have nothing against others making programs for their own educational purposes; it's when they show them off and make it seem like the thing they made is something out-of-the-ordinary.

You should save your reputation for works that you've been going at hard for some time.