Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why can't I get my client to connect?

kylierenea

I have done all I can think of to try to get my client to connect but it keeps saying "server status: checking…" and never connects. First of all, I am wirelessly connected to my router. There is another computer connected in the house, but by a direct line to the router. I have been able to connect with Eclipse before when I lived in a trailer park when there were a lot of other people connected to the same wireless connection, along with another computer in the house.

I have gone to the basic setup website for my router and creating a port for the game (although I've never had to do this before) but it still doesn't work. I've tried using different ports, making sure to match the port number on both .ini files and on the website. I've tried using the original IP address they give you (127.0.0.1), I've tried using my local IP address, and my computer's IP address. Nothing works. I've tried using Google in every way I can think of to see if anyone has the same problem I have been having, and some come close, but none of the solutions they have had will work for me. Please give me ANYTHING to try, I am getting desperate!

I was thinking maybe it had to do with the other computer connected to the same router, but since I've been able to connect the game while other computers were connected to my network at my old house, I didn't think that _should_ be a problem. And I _did_ download and install the library files… multiple times... it made no difference. The only thing that worked was a different version of the game. I forgot what it's called, but the server and client both say "Zeta" in front of them. That one was able to connect, but I didn't like it at all because there was a lot of bugs in it.

Yes, I'm positive. I waited until the server was done loading everything and opened the client. When I open the client it still says "waiting…" and on the server chat it says, "Received connection from 127.0.0.1" and then when I quit the client it says, "Connection from 127.0.0.1 has been terminated"

Try going into your router (through the website) and go to your Security tab and look for anything that talks about "blocking anonymous connections" or blocking connections of any type. Make sure that is NOT enabled or that it is NOT checked. Save your settings and try again. Good luck!