Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need to not make such long thread titles

dayrock

No, the Amiga is an actual computer. I own three Amigas (500, 2000 and the 4000).

Amiga Disk Files or ADF-files are used for emulators or to back-up floppy disks. Basically they contain the entire floppy disk. This means that they may or may not contain graphics, depending on whether the original floppy where from they have been extracted contained the graphics or not.

There is a Linux application named unadf, that is capable of extracting the original contents from such a floppy image. There should also be a version of that application that runs on Microsoft Windows. After extracting the contents, you only have all the contents of the floppies. From there you have to figure out what files contain the graphics, and what file format they are encoded as.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

@S.J.R.:

> No, the Amiga is an actual computer. I own three Amigas (500, 2000 and the 4000).
>
> Amiga Disk Files or ADF-files are used for emulators or to back-up floppy disks. Basically they contain the entire floppy disk. This means that they may or may not contain graphics, depending on whether the original floppy where from they have been extracted contained the graphics or not.
>
> There is a Linux application named unadf, that is capable of extracting the original contents from such a floppy image. There should also be a version of that application that runs on Microsoft Windows. After extracting the contents, you only have all the contents of the floppies. From there you have to figure out what files contain the graphics, and what file format they are encoded as.
>
> Yours faithfully
>   Stephan.

Why does his C# engine open this so called "amiga disk files", then. What I was saying was his engine obviously uses a different method, by the sounds of it amiga isn't the most optimal thing to use for a c# texture.

@Captain:

> Why does his C# engine open this so called "amiga disk files", then. What I was saying was his engine obviously uses a different method, by the sounds of it amiga isn't the most optimal thing to use for a c# texture.

Where are you getting this from? I haven't seen C# being mentioned in this entire thread.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

Ya sorry… its on a c# engine connecting to mysql :p but it loads all the grahix as .adf so I'm going to look today to see how it loads it. What I want to do is see if I can easly change it to read diferent or if its easy to make things in .adf thanks stephan

@dayrock:

> Well… they are .adf... and I need to open them.... so they matter rightnow...

They are not ADF-files, if I am following your description properly. Instead the extension is used by a complete idiot who doesn't know how to use extensions, and better yet, who doesn't know how to store image data in a standardised format like JPG, PNG, TGA, and so further. If you avoid doing that, you are just asking for problems.

The only way to open those files is by inspecting the parsing or the storing of such files. If you can't do that, you are simply out of luck, and should consider working with files made by someone sane.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

No im not trying to rip the graphix. okay so someone made a private server and i wanted to mess with it but the games files are saved in .adf the graphix and all that maps w.e i want to make/open them to create new ones and mess with the old ones its a older version of the game Illutia

@dayrock:

> No im not trying to rip the graphix. okay so someone made a private server and i wanted to mess with it but the games files are saved in .adf the graphix and all that maps w.e i want to make/open them to create new ones and mess with the old ones its a older version of the game Illutia

That games graphics looks bad.

I don't think you can open it then, because they are encrypted. However you may be able to find out how the client takes away the encryption and make a converter.

@dayrock:

> No im not trying to rip the graphix. okay so someone made a private server and i wanted to mess with it but the games files are saved in .adf the graphix and all that maps w.e i want to make/open them to create new ones and mess with the old ones its a older version of the game Illutia

@S.J.R.:

> They are not ADF-files, if I am following your description properly. Instead the extension is used by a complete idiot who doesn't know how to use extensions, and better yet, who doesn't know how to store image data in a standardised format like JPG, PNG, TGA, and so further. If you avoid doing that, you are just asking for problems.
>
> **The only way to open those files is by inspecting the parsing or the storing of such files. If you can't do that, you are simply out of luck, and should consider working with files made by someone sane.**
>
> Yours faithfully
>   Stephan.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

A simple search on google gave me [this page](http://filext.com/file-extension/adf) as the first hit.  Here is some information from that site…

@filext.com:

> Detailed information for file extension ADF:
> Primary association: Game
> File classification: Game
> Related links: WATTO Studios Game Extractor
> Other applications associated with file type ADF:
>
>     A.R.S.E.N.A.L. Extended Power (Main Game File) by Tactical SoftA.R.S.E.N.A.L "Extended Power" is a real time strategy game based on 2nd World War units. 40 different units are featured over GROUND, AIR and SEA: 15 ground units, 10 navy units, 10 aircraft and 5 fixed defense units. This file is called arsenal2.adf (Arsenal Data File).
>     Actual Drawing FileProgram ID: Actual_Drawing_Data_File
>     Adapter Description FileA file often used with the IBM Microshannel Architecture. Found on a floppy disk included with hardware the file described the hardware to the computer allowing a more automatic setup to take place. Related links: ADF Info
>     Admin Config File
>     Amiga (Disk File) by AmigaUncompressed 901120 byte DD Diskimage. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 44 4F 53 , ASCII: DOS Related links: Amiga Forever, FAQ, Emulation Newbies Start Here!, Emulator Zone
>     Antenna Data File The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 52 45 56 4E 55 4D 3A 2C , ASCII: REVNUM:,
>     ArcView (ARC/INFO Coverage Data File) by ESRI Related links: GIS Info