Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An "Examine" Option?

Harrie Wheatley

Is there a way that a user can hover over a certain thing EG a shop and then right click, and they get some text where it tells them exactly what it is? Like on runescape?

EG:
(Shop) (Hover mouse over shop and right click)
" This is an armour shop. Not a very good one, but an armour shop all the same. "

Thanks IA

@Harrie:

> Does anyone have programming skills?

Programming skills and willing to do stuff for you aren't the same thing.

One way to do this would be to get the screen clicks, and if it's a right click, translate it to coordinates. Then you could see if there's any examine attribute on that place, and if there is, display the text. Although, I would recommend perhaps not using an attribute because you'll have to add strings to TileRec (bloats the size of the map). It'd probably be better to hardcode them client-side, and then assign a case to the TileRec.

There's probably a better way to do this, but that seems like the simplest.

No, if he released it, he'd get a bunch of noobs constantly asking him to do it for them, or to fix some bug, or to explain why VB6 is soo hard and how they don't have VB6 and just want to use some other program like notepad. If you release it, it'll be a pain in the ass forever

@Zonova:

> No, if he released it, he'd get a bunch of noobs constantly asking him to do it for them, or to fix some bug, or to explain why VB6 is soo hard and how they don't have VB6 and just want to use some other program like notepad. If you release it, it'll be a pain in the ass forever

Exactly. I've already debated this, and the cons outweigh the pros. I know what that special feeling inside feels like, and maybe I will release it, but not likely anytime soon.