Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really need help!

VanityKnight

I would like to say: Have a concept! Ask yourself, what do you need to get that concept done? Are you able to handle the engine? Do you have the skills to improve/change resources or any other thing that is given to you by the community? If not, acquire those skills. Get comfortable with using Eclipse. Go eat something, or else you're gonna starve yourself to death. Gather Scripts, Resources, Music, get a story/setting done, get Team Members, get used to ways of Publishing your Project, don't forget to credit others Resources, and finally get that shit done!

@-le:

> I would like to say: Have a concept! Ask yourself, what do you need to get that concept done? Are you able to handle the engine? Do you have the skills to improve/change resources or any other thing that is given to you by the community? If not, acquire those skills. Get comfortable with using Eclipse. Go eat something, or else you're gonna starve yourself to death. Gather Scripts, Resources, Music, get a story/setting done, get Team Members, get used to ways of Publishing your Project, don't forget to credit others Resources, and finally get that shit done!

![](http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-azW_C8JlJwg/T1RG3zhhK5I/AAAAAAAAATY/C75GrclEG9A/s400/no-meme-rage-face.jpg)

What you _should_ do is download VB6 and mess about with the source for a while. Make a few simple edits, try to understand the code and Google what you don't know.

When you've managed to program the stuff you need then either enlist a pixel artist or learn pixel artistry yourself. Get some good tilesets, animations and characters done.

Then start your ORPG (Note it's ORPG. Not MMO) and think of something unique. Don't immediately try and set up an MMO with source-board tutorials, RMXP graphics and a Webs.com website. It will fail.

Take it slowly, learn everything thoroughly and remember to make something new and interesting, not unoriginal and dull. Look through the Eclipse Projects section to see what works and what doesn't.