Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CS:DE] Connection issues

shonist

Well ! hi eveyone ! im from argentina and im trying to make somo sweet for CS:DE im a begginer on this but i have some skills on VB cuz in other times i was making other game xD ..

So.. here is the problem..

The games work perfectly.. but.. when im with another guy on the map me or he start laggin.. but is weird. cuz..

If i talk.. i can see the words many secs after but.. the other player see the words at the moment

(Skype testing/2-3 players) …
(dual client testing)...
I dont make very changes on codes and even less on connection codes..

So.. Hope you can help me.

ah. i almost forgett. sorry for my english ! (if its good make me know)

See ya,.

edit : i test it with a new cs:de client/server and is the same... i think the bug comes with cs:de :S !

the chat its too small to read but THE VIDEO shows all.. !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFPgnFxA50c&feature=youtu.be

• 2 weeks later...
We are seriously talkin about lag? XD !

i mean… i can have the same without internet... LOCALHOST !!!!

the video.. are 2 clients on my computers.. all ips at 127.0.0.1

i know of this XD i make another games on VB online an i was my own host for other games..

You people are all idiots!

LocalHost DOES NOT USE  INTERNET!!!!

For those who don't believe this, take a laptop (with EO or CSDE on it) out to the middle of nowhere, away from any possible internet, and use a local host connection… guess what IT STILL WORKS! LocalHost just feeds back the connection to your computer without even leaving it.

Now the "Lag" you are experiencing might be caused by a lack of RAM or a lack CPU power, or any number of things locally on that computer. If you have another computer that you can use test your local host connection on it and see if there is any change. If there is a noticeable change, it would be a problem with your PC and if there isn't any change then its a problem with the code. (or maybe both PC's just suck XD)

thanks hasu.. i was getting crazy when people start saying me i need internet to use localhost -.-" !

loool XDDD

Amm. i was guessin the same.. cuz nobody post anithing of this so i think was my computer buuut.. mmm.

Is not that bad. :/ .  i was trying in Friend's pc but i have some problems..

So.. well i gonna see what i do….

but thanks of god someone replys that LOCALHOST ITS FAQIN LOCAAAAAAAAAAAAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everybody has replies by te way xD !

(i dont have the best pc but.. a 5 minutes ago i finished de CoD black ops. and i play some cool games :P...)

i dont know what you mean :C !..

if i can do it on a eclipse origins ? o.O… for what? XD

I just add Graphics maps items spells npcs and a Buff system and Die system ( you die and transform in a ghost  (have to wait to be revived with a spell or with the Mage on the city ))

and i also make the revive spell and the Revive conversation XD

But i try with cs:De samu or a cs:de virgin and still with the bug :S !

@Me:

> I think it's because it's on the same computer.

Your telling me you don't do development of your game on the same computer as your server?

… Ya there is nothing to back up what you think because MANY people get onto their servers from the same computer.