Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friend can't connect if not at my house…?

Soltira

So yeah, as you can tell by my insanely long time of a forum post. My friends were all over and we were just messing around in the game, but when they had to go… They could no longer connect! I tried with my brother who is here at the house, and he was able to connect. But my friends who are only BARELY down the street, are not able to connect. It says that the server is down for them. What could be causing this?

Guide:

[Does this show "Online" when your server is online?](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/status/index.php)

If **it works**: Make sure that the config.ini for your testers is your public IP (the one you put into the checker above).

If **it doesn't work:** You have not portforwarded right.

I just tried forwarding my ports again, this time clicking 'Eclipse' cause I thought that would be for something else before. Clicked that link again, and still I guess I did it wrong… Now, I just have no idea at all what to do.

see if my old guide will work for you. its for eclipse 2.7 but it should work for origins. Just know that when i say server.ini, go to your options.ini instead.

It starts off with how to install eclipse 2.7, but i do get into a little bit of portforwarding in the middle.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,31224.0.html

Thank you so much Lilith! But now… Well... I'm getting the Run-Time Error 9 x_x It was working before I did all this! I'm thinking I changed something :/ I just changed all the things to where it should have been before pretty much. I then tried to reset the server and test the new thing with the link that was provided by Soul, but when I tried to turn the server back on... I got the Run-Time Error 9 message! I have nooo idea what happened D: I tried searching for solutions in the forums, but they all said something about the game was not installed correctly lol... I know the game is installed correctly cause I was just playing it a minute ago! :(

@Soltira:

> Thank you so much Lilith! But now… Well... I'm getting the Run-Time Error 9 x_x It was working before I did all this! I'm thinking I changed something :/ I just changed all the things to where it should have been before pretty much. I then tried to reset the server and test the new thing with the link that was provided by Soul, but when I tried to turn the server back on... I got the Run-Time Error 9 message! I have nooo idea what happened D: I tried searching for solutions in the forums, but they all said something about the game was not installed correctly lol... I know the game is installed correctly cause I was just playing it a minute ago! :(

Post your options.ini here.

[OPTIONS]
Game_Name=Adventures of Enoka
Port=4000
MOTD=The server might overflow at any given time. If it does, keep in mind that I will be sure to bring it back up as soon as possible.
Website=http://www.adventuresofenoka.webs.com

I am guessing that is what your talking about since it was the only thing I could find labeled 'Options'