Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Few problems with CS:DE any guides or tuts for these fixes?

Mutedwar

I'm having a few problems in CS:DE. I've already done the Music/Sound fix.

Problem#1: How would I go about adding sound to a weapon while you attack with it? (I have already added the sound in the Item Config, sound only works on equipt.
Same as problem#1 how would I add a sound to a normal attack with no weapon?
Music & other sounds effects work great.

Problem#2: How would I add a more rare drop chance on NPC's then '1' If i go any higher then '1' it reverts back to '1' or '0' after I save the npc.

Problem#3: I have about 70+ Animations and in the Edit Animations tab it will only go to Animation Sprite#37  I can rename the animations to lower #s and it reads them all fine it just wont detect over 37 I have also checked to see if im missing image# etc everything is fine.

Problem#4: When I set a specific class required spell it goes back to 'none' upon saving the spell.

thanks guys appreciate the help if u got solutions :) I know it's a few questions and I'm still new so I should not be using CS:DE but it seems to be way more stable with online players plus it's done right I would like to use this over EO2 :)

Drop chance only being on or off may have found the problem?

**    If txtChance.Text > 1 Or txtChance.Text < 0 Then
        Err.Description = "Value must be between 0 and 1!"**

Anyone think this could be the problem with the drop chances?

```
Private Sub txtChance_Validate(Cancel As Boolean)
    On Error GoTo chanceErr

If DropIndex = 0 Then Exit Sub

If Not IsNumeric(txtChance.Text) And Not Right$(txtChance.Text, 1) = "%" And Not InStr(1, txtChance.Text, "/") > 0 And Not InStr(1, txtChance.Text, ".") Then
        txtChance.Text = "0"
        Npc(EditorIndex).DropChance(DropIndex) = 0
        Exit Sub
    End If

If Right$(txtChance.Text, 1) = "%" Then
        txtChance.Text = left(txtChance.Text, Len(txtChance.Text) - 1) / 100
    ElseIf InStr(1, txtChance.Text, "/") > 0 Then
        Dim i() As String
        i = Split(txtChance.Text, "/")
        txtChance.Text = Int(i(0) / i(1) * 1000) / 1000
    End If

If txtChance.Text > 1 Or txtChance.Text < 0 Then
        Err.Description = "Value must be between 0 and 1!"
        GoTo chanceErr
    End If

Npc(EditorIndex).DropChance(DropIndex) = txtChance.Text
    Exit Sub

chanceErr:
    txtChance.Text = "0"
    Npc(EditorIndex).DropChance(DropIndex) = 0
End Sub
```
**Edit:Ok so I have now fixed the item drop chance problem by replacing client & server side code with these:**

**/Serverside**
```
Dim Chance As Long
Dim LoopI As Long

For LoopI = 1 To MAX_NPC_DROPS
        If Npc(npcNum).DropItem(LoopI) = 0 Then Exit For
        Chance = Int(Rnd * Npc(npcNum).DropChance(LoopI)) + 1
        If Chance = 1 Then
            Call SpawnItem(Npc(npcNum).DropItem(LoopI), Npc(npcNum).DropItemValue(LoopI), mapNum, MapNpc(mapNum).Npc(mapNpcNum).X, MapNpc(mapNum).Npc(mapNpcNum).Y)
        End If
    Next
```
**/Clientside**
```
' Drop Chance
Private Sub txtChance_Change()
    Npc(EditorIndex).DropChance(DropIndex) = txtChance.Text
End Sub
```
**Now I need to fix the problem were all npc's have the same drops, I'm very thankful for the open source but the lack of community help and horribly coded sources were only one feature works in each project is a bit ridiculous I'm not bashing anyone here and like I said im thankful for everyone's contributions here but just a community suggestion… try and help out if you can, dont reply to Q&A Threads saying if u have a question gtfo because we dont know the answer, thats obviously why were asking questions in the first place? And maybe someone could release a source with fully working features this engine has been around for 10+ years and I have not seen any source that is stable and has all simple working features. Graphics have come enhanced a lot so good job to you gfx designers out there.

Now please hear me out I'm new to the vb6 scene it's hard for me to pick up on this because I'm a c# proger but so far the sources and tutorials I have seen here are really bad and that's pretty sad seeing how long this engine has been out and how many times it's been ripped/renamed.

New Edit: Different drops for different Npc's now working, if I find fixes for the other problems I will be posting complete tuts to fix these soon :)**

@Mutedwar:

> Now please hear me out I'm new to the vb6 scene it's hard for me to pick up on this because I'm a c# proger but so far the sources and tutorials I have seen here are really bad and that's pretty sad seeing how long this engine has been out and how many times it's been ripped/renamed. )

Your sad if your posting this bs which have been talked about. CS:DE is an alpha engine at best… Saying that the tutorials here are shit, when you have not released anything to help is just ducked up. This engine has gone through more changes since it was released than anything else. Just because your a kid and can't understand something don't give you the right to female dog about something.... Everyone here knows CS:DE is not perfect because of

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,74117.0.html

Read through it you will notice that people say it is not finished.... So stop your bitching and just fix it...

Also the tutorials are not from professional people. Most of them are kids just learning... Now STFU stop bitching about the issues and fix them or leave....

Also wtf is a proger? please tell me it aint slag for programmer....

Also learn what a modify button is... Double posting is a noob move...

> Problem#1: How would I go about adding sound to a weapon while you attack with it? (I have already added the sound in the Item Config, sound only works on equipt.
> Same as problem#1 how would I add a sound to a normal attack with no weapon?
> Music & other sounds effects work great.

**Note that this code is untested. Make a backup before proceeding.**

Find:
```
Private Sub HandleAttack(ByVal Index As Long, ByRef Data() As Byte, ByVal StartAddr As Long, ByVal ExtraVar As Long)

```
and under:
```
Player(i).AttackTimer = GetTickCount

```
add:
```
Call PlayMapSound(GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index), SoundEntity.seItem, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Weapon)))

```
Problem #2:
Things the DropChance code accepts:
* A decimal. (in the form of .###)* A fraction. (in the form of ###/###)* A percent. (in the form of ##%)

Entering a number over one is not allowed because it does not interpret it as 1/#. So instead of writing 2 for 1 in 2, you can write 1/2\. By adding your "fix" you actually removed a pretty cool feature.

> Problem#3: I have about 70+ Animations and in the Edit Animations tab it will only go to Animation Sprite#37  I can rename the animations to lower #s and it reads them all fine it just wont detect over 37 I have also checked to see if im missing image# etc everything is fine.

Can you provide animation 37 and 38? Is 38 a .png file (not just renamed to a .png file)?

> Problem#4: When I set a specific class required spell it goes back to 'none' upon saving the spell.

Does this only happen for spells or does it happen for items as well? If it only happens for spells, try and find out why it works for items and doesn't work for spells.

> Now I need to fix the problem were all npc's have the same drops, I'm very thankful for the open source but the lack of community help and horribly coded sources were only one feature works in each project is a bit ridiculous I'm not bashing anyone here and like I said im thankful for everyone's contributions here but just a community suggestion… try and help out if you can, dont reply to Q&A Threads saying if u have a question gtfo because we dont know the answer, thats obviously why were asking questions in the first place? And maybe someone could release a source with fully working features this engine has been around for 10+ years and I have not seen any source that is stable and has all simple working features. Graphics have come enhanced a lot so good job to you gfx designers out there.

I take offense. A lot of other people will too. Eclipse has been in development throughout various stages, which is how it has been able to be active for so long. However it became very buggy, what you claim as buggy now is nowhere near what happened. Eclipse Origins was essentially meant to scratch the current version and instead go back to the less buggy Mirage. It was widely successful in that sense, but saying that they are the same ignores all the technical and feature advancements since then. By keeping Eclipse simple, it is easy to foster development within the community while continuing to allow people to express their imaginations without having to remove als l the features they dislike. If you add too many features, people feel that they MUST use the features included, which causes them to be overwhelmed. It is better to give less features so they can decide exactly what they want in their project.

As of now, I feel Eclipse is sort of complete. Perhaps an official version with bug-fixes is in order, but other than that I can only see a few things that would make it better.

Wow soul my ignorance is actually really disgusting, this is a pure example of an impatient idiot who does not really have much respect. I really appreciate the assistance. If I had just taken the time to learn a bit of VB6 and even taken the time to read around or just think for a second I would have maybe not posted what was posted above.

As for the fixes I have not tried any yet but all seem to be complete common sense and something I should have looked at. I will be testing them right after this it looks like all should work.

This thread should be put in the shame area or atleast be used as an example of pure ignorance.

Again thanks everyone and especially Soul for even taken his precious time to even make a reply let alone fix and add information on how and why I'm getting these bugs.