Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Halo 4

Fuu

@Pete:

> What's the difference between Halo 4 and halo 3,2,1 whatever?

Apparently they're finding out what to remove, add and keep, and how they can make the game better than what Bungie could make. The game is being developed by 343 Industries, and for some odd reason they seem a lot more reliable than Bungie. They say that Chief will have a new set of armor, (like in all the other ones), except for with actual changes now. Spartans were made to be super humans, except for in the previous games they weren't. Supposedly Spartans (Now the Spartan Four) can hit harder, jump higher, run faster, and so on. There's going to be different, more efficient weapons, and the Campaign is going to make more sense. In fact, I believe there's going to be something wrong with Cortana, (Old age fucks with her mind) and you need to figure out what it is and how to stop it. Multiplayer is going to be completely revamped, being as there is going to be a reason for Blue Spartans to fight Red Spartans. I'm not completely sure about what the reason will be, but I'd really like to know.

The idea was basically to make you feel like you're the guy in the super suit, it's not that Chief wasn't a super human in previous games, you just didn't feel that way, especially because of Halo: ODST, where you were able to do everything Chief did.. but you were an ODST, a regular human who just so happens to like to get dropped out of ships above atmosphere.

Cortana always was defective, just that this is now made more apparent, she was defective because of the sheer amount of information she took from the halo rings in Halo: CE.

Also a lot more stuff based around the forerunners who are mentioned and key to the story of halo 1,2, 3 and just about every halo, only that most of the forerunner structures you encountered were dormant, whereas they announced that the structures will now more often be active.

Supposedly the story line will be worked on more (well, obviously) and it will link together with the information gathered from terminals in Halo: CE Anniversary.

Blah blah new guns, better graphics, cooler multiplayer and all that jazz will of course also be included.

There will be a Halo 4, 5, and 6 as had been intended by 343 for a long time (before halo was handed over to them).

Halo 4 will be the beginning of the problem, halo 5 will be the darker and more complex part of the problem and halo 6 will be the resolution.

Just filling in a few gaps and correcting some minor inaccuracies that Fuu mentioned.
Been a halo fan for most of my life.

I disagree a bit. You could take incredible amounts of damage (main reason I have grown to dislike Halo MP), jump like a super human already, single handedly flip warthogs, throw gernades for miles..

I dont think they can effectivley change the feeling in this regard.  Jumping higher would end up being more of a pain, not useful.  There is no real oppertunity or POINT to adding any sort of strength scenerio's, at least as far as MP is concerned, and in SP it will feel scripted and not natural. I dont see how they can tweak that aspect in a way that wont be just a waste of time and possibly an annoyance.

The story addition to MP is silly I think. Red spartans fight blue spartans because you need to shoot other players in MP. There is no reason to need a reason to fight the other player.

The story is the core of Halo, one of the few FPS with a core story, however I believe it got a bit convoluted as time wore on. After the first Halo, that feeling of awe dissapeared, then it went to a great game, got good, went not bad, ect..  Probably partially because the type of gameplay has become so standard in shooters, its the mold now, but partially because the first story was epic, and became watered down as they tried to get to much out of it, and IMO strayed to far from the actual Halo's and the covenent's group, while watering down the flood and making them just a basic addition to the game.